AmericanThunder

Online Vs. Snail Mail

Online Vs. Snail Mail  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to submit and/or pay for thing things online, through the mail, over the phone, or face to face?

I run the website for the East Valley MDF chapter and want to get some public input on this topic. There are a lot of things that can make life easier by having the option to do online vs. a face to face interaction or doing things the old fashioned way i.e by phone or mail. I know each method has its own advantages and disadvantages, but overall which do you prefer? I am mainly concerned with how you would prefer to buy raffle tickets, banquet tickets, shirts, hats, etc. Thanks for your help!

P.S. Lets not turn this into a discussion on the AZGFD application process. That is a whole topic in and of itself!

Face to face wasn't an option in the poll. For the things you mentioned, shirts, raffle tickets, etc., I think online is the way to go. There are some things I would never buy unless it was face to face. Online is extremely convenient. I use Amazon a ton. Just a few buttons on my phone and I can have products at my house in a day or two.

• Like 2

Face to face wasn't an option in the poll. For the things you mentioned, shirts, raffle tickets, etc., I think online is the way to go. There are some things I would never buy unless it was face to face. Online is extremely convenient. I use Amazon a ton. Just a few buttons on my phone and I can have products at my house in a day or two.

Thanks. Added the option.

if you saw my mailguy (I won't even call him mailman) you would do anything besides mail.

sagging shorts, tshirt, hoop ear rings, blue bandanna hanging out of his pocket like some hood thug.

I just hope I get my elk tag..... :ph34r: :unsure:

only preference would be convenience at the time.

options are always good.

James

• Like 1

I cannot remember the last time I wrote a check. Has to be at least 10 years. I rarely have cash in my wallet either.

I buy almost everything online.

• Like 1

I normally prefer a phone - mainly because I never know if its a secure site when I go to check out - so hard to tell anymore

I use to see a lock or something showing or at least telling you its secure

• Like 1

I normally prefer a phone - mainly because I never know if its a secure site when I go to check out - so hard to tell anymore

I use to see a lock or something showing or at least telling you its secure

Just a FYI. On our web page all transactions are protected via a SSL certificate. You can see the icon for it at the bottom of the checkout page. A lot of other websites use this method as well. Just something to look for.

www.eastvalleymuledeer.org

Amazon.com is pretty awesome... My wife and I have an Amazon Prime account and man is it awesome when Christmas time comes around.. Need to order Christmas presents but dont want to deal with the over crowded malls and traffic ? Easy just order on Amazon click buy and within 24 hours its at my door step! Got just about every Christmas gift this year through Amazon and didnt have to deal with the hooligans at the mall...

• Like 1

It depends. For things I want to be able to return at no cost, like heavy equipment, furniture etc, I like a brick and mortar store like Best Buy. Face to face is also best for clothing and footwear because most of this stuff is still hand made and varies from item to item; I want to see if it fits first. I do buy boots online because I have bought the same brand for years and they always fit just right. For most everything else I prefer on-line. A big exception is powder because the haz mat fee is so high if you have the stuff shipped.

• Like 2

It depends. For things I want to be able to return at no cost, like heavy equipment, furniture etc, I like a brick and mortar store like Best Buy. Face to face is also best for clothing and footwear because most of this stuff is still hand made and varies from item to item; I want to see if it fits first. I do buy boots online because I have bought the same brand for years and they always fit just right. For most everything else I prefer on-line. A big exception is powder because the haz mat fee is so high if you have the stuff shipped.

Agreed, I never order clothes online thats something you have to do in person and get a fitting room.. espcially with mens jeans every brand always fits different..

Online is very convenient. Except raffle tickets. Unless I see my ticket go in the bucket I don't believe it happened.

• Like 1