Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Looking for a beater car

My wife & I have become very good friends with our new neighbors. They have 2, 17 year old boys. Probably 2 of the most respectfull young men I have ever met. The family is short on funds and struggling a little bit. The boys really need a car to get back and forth to work with. They can't afford much, maybe $1000. If the vehicle is a little more that might be ok, because I would be willing to chip in to help. If any of you know of a beater car available please let me know. It's ok if it needs work, because there dad is a master mechanic. He can fix anything.

They would really like to find a VW bug that runs.

Thanks,
Adam

• Like 2

We have lots of old police cruisers with tons of miles on them, call me if interested Adam.

Hope your looking for an older bug Adam, the new ones have high maintenance costs!

and the older ones cost dang near as much as a new one.

there is a guy at work selling an 89 chevy corsica he is our company mechanic. I think he wants like $700 for it and says it runs perfect. pm me if your interested.

• Like 1

A cheap beater Saturn is a good choice too. They can be had cheap and are pretty reliable. 2 of my hunting buddies that commute from Wittman to Phoenix both drive saturns as there beater get to work cars and they do pretty well.