azryan

this country has gone to hell!

i got in an accident this evening....some stupid dang person pulls out into the intersection as i am going through the yellow. Turns out the person is most likely an illegal immigrant.....no insurance, no drivers license.....hmmmm...with a name of julio velanzuela alvarez...doesnt speak english....what do you think.....no one could prove whose fault it was....i had no witnesses except a bunch of illegals...standing on the corner....this is on az ave and ray....the cop was an a$$hole...he said it was pointless for him to be out there at this scene cuz no one was hurt....he assumes I ran a red light....he believed the guy with no insurance and no identification....no one got a ticket for the cause of the accident...julio has his car towed away...julio said i ran the red light when he was making a left turn....which is completely false being that he wasnt in the turn lane...as a matter of fact the lane farthest from the turning lane...i have pics of where i hit him which was way on the other end of the intersection. my skidmarks prove it...i skidded all the way across the intersection....the cop never checked my story and he believed julio... nothing on my truck was hurt except the passenger side below the headlight all that is really messed up...probably a couple grand worth in damage...most likely im stuck paying it.....the guy im almost positive gave false information cuz he said he was 21 when he looked at least 40.....i am so frustated.....if he is illegal there is nothing i can do about it...im left out in the cold...which i think is pretty much the case...the system is messed up... that guy should be in jail for driving with no insurance...or he needs to be deported...something needs to be done about sh!T like this

Sorry to hear the bad news. Illegals are a big infestation throughout the southwest that we have to deal with daily because our border patrol is basically non existant. The cop should have checked Jose for a legal driver's, car registration, social security, etc.. just something to see if he's really an illegal. If you feel the cop didn't do his job on this accident, I would file a complaint to the department. Good luck with the rest of this situation...

the cop did a poor job...he acted like it was a big inconvinience...so first thing tomorrow im filing a complaint with a police supervisor.....the cop lacked basic reasoning....and acted very unprofessional... i am very dissapointed

I am a Farmers insurance agent.I know to well of the situation you are in.People driving without insurance is one of the main reasons the cost has gotten so high in Arizona.And without a police report in your favor,you may be out of luck getting your accident coded as non-fault from your company.You need to find out if it is going to raise your rates from your agent before making the claim to see if it is worth it.

Noel

I am a Farmers insurance agent.I know to well of the situation you are in.People driving without insurance is one of the main reasons the cost has gotten so high in Arizona.And without a police report in your favor,you may be out of luck getting your accident coded as non-fault from your company.You need to find out if it is going to raise your rates from your agent before making the claim to see if it is worth it.

Noel

I dont know what the police report looks like yet, but that cop did a very poor job on getting stories straight....I will be able to prove the guy wasnt in the turning lane...so there was no way he was making a left turn like he told the cop. I am going today to file a complaint with the chandler pd today. Also I am going to go get some estimates on the damage. If it is like 1500 in damage im just going to pay it myself. I have the thousand dollar deductibile to pay so to me its not worth filing a claim. Like you said my insurance will go up so I would rather not go through my insurance. I need to find the owner of the car I hit to see if he has insurance as well...but that will be diificult

I know how you feel. Had a van full of them run a red light while I was going through an intersection about 2 years ago. Fortunately, I saw them & hit the brakes, so they just barely clipped the front of my car, doing very little damage. They hauled butt out of there & ditched the van about two blocks away. Turns out, they had bought the van for cash & never even bothered to change the title or register it or anything, as they were illegal, so when they dumped it, the police traced it back to the previous owner & had no way of linking it to them.

As far as the left turn he was making, he should be at fault. I know someone that was making a left hand turn on a green arrow and was hit by someone that ran the red light. The police cited them for unsafe lane usage even though they had the green arrow. So they took it to court and the judge told them that they were at fault even though they had the green arrow, and that they still have to yield to other traffic.

I dont know if this is in all cities, but this is how it was in Phoenix. Maybe the officer didnt want to deal with investigating the guy that hit you for citizenship, or he was just lazy?

Anyways, if it werre me I would try to find out what kind of left hand turn laws there are in that area. If the officer wrote the report that the other guy was making a left hand turn, he could be found at fault, and your insurance may work with you on the repairs a little better.

May be something to look into.

i have 100% proof he was not making a left hand turn but the cop listened to him so thats what he put in the report. So the cop put false info into the report, becuase the guy I hit lied to him. So im going to keep looking into what i can do...I cant afford the deductible at this time and there is no reason for me to pay it.

I got an estimate and its $3400....so now I have to go through my insurance....since the cop did not give anyone a ticket for the fault of the accident...its now up to my insurance to determine whose fault it was...which hopefully they will believe me...I got pics to help my case.

I feel for the people who have to go through this...mattys281 you dodged a huge mess

nono.gif I know what you are going through man. About eight months ago I was in an accident when a lady "got confused and stopped" right in the middle of the road very quickly. It took my retarded agent seven months to sort it all out, even though I didn't get the ticket, had whitnesses, and the lady said she was at fault. Then once I had my front end fixed, some guy backs into me litterally two weeks after I had the truck back. set1_STOOGE2.gif

Good luck!

DTB17 :ph34r:

I am quite surprised at your cultural insensitivity and lack of civic and personal responsibility.

Let me show you the error of your ways.

Everyone knows that you invited these illegals into your state and country. As a paying taxpayer You provide them with free health care, free education for their children, Welfare for their family, state funded housing, and a free "pass" from the local authorities when he is accused of a civil or criminal offense. Therefore, You are likely also responsible for giving them a license and it is your fault for not paying for his driving training and insurance.

Sorry about that.... I just slammed my head into the wall to snap out of that liberal stupor I was in.....

Cases like this are all too common and a prime reason I left the formerly great state of AZ. Overrun by illegals and 3 cases in my family (including my own) just like your accident. No Speak English, No go to Jail for causing an accidente. Police are off the hook cause they do not have proper training to ask people if they are illegal aliens. Now Kennedy has a bill up for vote that will give illegals, and their families who may not even be living in the US Amnesty for as long as they want, on 4 year visas. Just think, your Julio will now bring Mama, Papa, Espousa, Bambinos all here from Mexico to live with him. Courtesy of the liberal lawmakers. Right now By US Gov't estimates, over 1 in 10 mexicans born in mexico is living Illegally in the US. Now they can bring the whole fam damily here to join them.

The only good think is in a few years, we can all immigrate to Mexico and take it over since there won't be a single person left there.

DTB17, I Really do feel for you. Been there, done that Got the Tshirt and got the heck out of dodge.

As long as we let the liberals control the government and do not stand up for what is right, we are all screwed one way or anther on immigration.

Tough break, I hope you get it all sorted out where you don't get completely hosed. I have a few illegal stories to pile on as well, so you are not alone. My truck was stolen by illegals - took a quick trip in it down to Mexico and they brought back a load of MORE illegals, cops caught them in Tolleson, they ditched the truck and about 8 of them fled on foot never to be seen again. I did get my truck back in good shape though with no damage other than about 700 additional miles. My girlfriend was rear ended by you guessed it (illegals with no insurance or drivers license) they hit and ran, she followed them and called 911 on her cell and the cops were able to intercept them, but no insurance so she had to pay for the damage. I'm quite sure they are doing business as usual. Her dad was hit as a pedestrian in a Home Depot parking lot by you guessed it (Illegals with no insurance) messed up his back and leg pretty good with considerable medical bills, all paid for by you guessed it YOU and I. Yes I agree this country has gone to heck!

bass, thats some bad luck...

az4life you could not have said it any better...i loved the way you put it :lol:...you did a smart thing of moving out of here...I might not be far behind you...at least we can all relate about the issues at hand

wetmule...your stories make me feel better...I guess it could have been worse for me

In closing at least we can all relate to each other and vent with each other...

we can accept it and laugh about how silly the system is

now lets take matters into our own hands :P