Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

Leftover Tags

Good morning and happy Monday to everyone! I have a question about leftover tags. I haven't put in for rifle deer for the last 2 seasons. I've been trying to focus on archery B) B) B) .

Is there plenty of leftover tags for 36B (First/Early Hunt - Hunt# 1142) where I wouldn't have to worry about getting a tag?

I've always put in for the draw and have never paid attention to how many leftovers are left. So this has me thinking if I should take my chance at a left over tag or not? Any help/input is appreciated!

Yep EVERY year there are leftovers for 36B. That's the unit that has the most leftovers usually. Gotta be on top of sending your leftover app in on time or you will for sure miss them. Last year all leftovers were gone within a week! Fastest i've ever seen

• Like 1

Leftovers go fast now days. There is no guarantee on getting a leftover tag anymore.

• Like 2

Looks like I'll just be putting into the draw!

Thanks everyone for your input!

• Like 1

Early hunt wont have many left overs, typically it is the end of November hunt that has the most leftover tags. It is still a good hunt though if you are willing to hike in a ways to get away from other hunters. I had that hunt last year (got it in the leftover draw) and I was on bucks everyday.

• Like 1