Sign in to follow this  
CEI

2 Coyotes take down Mule Deer Doe!

When I worked cattle before on Eagle Creek we have found calves still alive that were being fed on by coyotes and then later the wolves they released on Eagle creek would take down cattle and begin to eat them before they died. That's why I get a little angry when I see this.

Years ago..........like 20 or so, I was hunting archery deer in 36A. While hiking up a hill I encountered a pack of Coyotes chasing a Coues doe and her fawn around and concentrating on the fawn. The mother was doing everything she could to protect her fawn but there were too many Yotes....like 6 of them! I emptied my quiver and managed to down two Yotes.....but alas....in the end,,,,,,the fawn was dead, and ripped to shreds in front of her mother. She, the doe, watched for about two minutes until there was little left of her offspring.......then she slowly walked off with her head down.

I went back to camp.

• Like 1

Years ago..........like 20 or so, I was hunting archery deer in 36A. While hiking up a hill I encountered a pack of Coyotes chasing a Coues doe and her fawn around and concentrating on the fawn. The mother was doing everything she could to protect her fawn but there were too many Yotes....like 6 of them! I emptied my quiver and managed to down two Yotes.....but alas....in the end,,,,,,the fawn was dead, and ripped to shreds in front of her mother. She, the doe, watched for about two minutes until there was little left of her offspring.......then she slowly walked off with her head down.

I went back to camp.

At least you got 2 of em'

I went back to camp.

They acted like I wasn't even there. Darwin! Go figure..............

I went back to camp.

They acted like I wasn't even there. Darwin! Go figure..............

We all know it's just nature at her ugliest but it's still hard to watch.

I come from a long line of cattle ranchers and we always have a .22 caliber "coyote truck gun" with us just for that reason. Nothing special just a semiauto marlin tube feed or ruger 10-22 usually with irons. Hard to see yotes did that to your livestock and deer as well.

• Like 1

This is hard to watch, as i always want to see the deer or elk survive. But, if my dog was lost and out in the wild and had to survive, I would be happy if she could take down a deer.