Sign in to follow this  
Basser15

Experience with 12B Sheep?

Does anyone on here have experience with the 12B sheep hunt or know somebody that does?

Been looking at this for my application and would like to know if there is anything I need to know about access or anything like that. Maybe even quality of animals to expect. Not that I am thinking I have a chance at a tag it would just be nice to know.

Thanks in advance.

check jay scotts blogs , might be some info there or call him. no way your getting a sheep tag before me after downing that huge buffalo lol! I'm at 1 under max points ,missed one year out of 30,dang.

You can get all the info about the scores of every ram killed going back years by contacting game and fish. 150 to low 60s are the norm. As far as access, there isnt ant private land blocking access but you have to deal with paria plateau, canyon and the vermillion cliffs with limited roads. If the rams are up near the top of the plateau they are a lot more accessible. If they are in the canyon then you gotta walk in from the bottom . The cliffs are accessible from the hwy. Good luck in the draw!