jmaxjohnston

Looking for trail cameras

I'm looking for trail cameras. I need to buy several for a project I'm doing for my masters degree. Please let me know what you have and what you are asking. I look forward to hearing from you.

you can shop around and find pretty good ones new for around $50 each. i run a lot of trail cameras and they all tend to crap out after 2-3 years. i am always wary of buying them used. the sportsmans guide or amazon always beat out the prices in store.

Dicks sporting goods has some for fair prices and they have good reviews.

What is your thesis? I am now curious.

I've picked up several from Dick's and such. I just figured I might as well throw it out there in case anyone had a good deal on some they weren't using any longer.

The short version of what I'm doing is I'm wanting to do some water restoration projects and helping improve some water sources by monitoring usage by various animal species.

• Like 1

Similar to havasuhunters idea lol, find water sources with cameras already there and leave notes explaining what your doing? Might be a cheaper option if folks would help? Sure beats buying a bunch and having then stolen.