Sign in to follow this  
BASS

ATTN: F250 TRUCK OWNERS!

For those of you who have an F250 equipped with the "tow/haul" mode. When you click that button, and tap your breaks twice does the engine down shift, and remain in that gear until you either hit the break twice again, or tap the gas pedel? We have a 2004 that I know use to do it, because it did it when I was hauling our toyhauler, but now it no longer works. The dealer is saying that NONE of their vehicles have ever done this. Yet the 2008 says it does it. :unsure: Now we bought our truck back in early 2005 so there would be no mistake that we got confused over an 08 model. So, does your trucks do that?

I have an 06 and it does the same thing--used it going down through wolf creek pass two weeks ago and loved the option. I am not sure what dealer you are going to but i use Sanderson--they have the best diesel mechanics in the country and they specialize in super duty trucks.

mine doesn't do it just because i tap the brakes twice. it has to not be already to high of an rpm that it'll throw it way over red line if downshifting.

what you need to do is junk the ford and buy yourself a duramax! thats the only way to fix your problem :lol:

what you need to do is junk the ford and buy yourself a duramax! thats the only way to fix your problem :lol:

trust me, if it were mine I would have a duramax. :lol: I love my chebby to death, and can't stand how the Ford is so touchy, and can't turn to save it's life. :P

Thanks for the help guys. After taking it back to the shop and showing them many forum posts like these, HEY it works again. :rolleyes: and I thought he said that none of the trucks did that. :angry:

The dealer will send you home in a pinto and tell you they fixed the cosmetics :lol: . No, really. I have an f-250. Like it alot...but the dealers will tell you anything to get you in and out. They probably backcharged ford twice for fixing your problem too.