Sign in to follow this  
Maverick351

Any one use a tree stand?

Take a book. It's by far the most boring way I have ever hunted. I have friends that are very successful from tree stands, it's just not how I want to spend my time in the woods.

• Like 2

Well I know it's not as exciting as run and gun spot and stalking but I'm trying something new and while I respect it's not for everyone if it helps me bag my first and last Az buck then I'm going to give it a try during the Aug Sept hunt. I also own a blind and have considered doing that with the wife.

I like ground blinds. Easier to stretch out and take a nap.

• Like 1

i cant say i have done a tree stand for these very reasons. I can move more without being seen, have a shelter, can sleep in it over night if I have too. and the only falling I worry about is falling asleep. A well concealed ground blind is just as boring but its not as restricitve. Good luck though, I have some buddies who swear by them but to each his own.

• Like 2

Summit viper sd stand. Your butt will thank you after an all day sit.

Whether climber or fixed position, get something with a hanging hammock type seat. Ive used several platform type seats and even when I double pad them my rear is still killing me by nightfall. I also like the ones with the wrap around top. That rail is dang convenient for resting your bow on, hanging a water bottle off of and you wont fall out if you catch a little catnap around lunchtime.

• Like 2

i cant say i have done a tree stand for these very reasons. I can move more without being seen, have a shelter, can sleep in it over night if I have too. and the only falling I worry about is falling asleep. A well concealed ground blind is just as boring but its not as restricitve. Good luck though, I have some buddies who swear by them but to each his own.

I usually still hunt but there are times I like sitting a waterhole or trail. I get there well before dark and might take a little nap. That way I have some time to check wind and let the woods quiet down before it gets close to sunset. For a sunrise hunt I will go in at 3 a.m., make sure I turn off the cell service and use my phone with an earbud for an alarm clock.

I am also a sleep walker and when I was about 10 night fishing with my uncle and dad I got a rude awakening. They thought I was going to hang it off the back of the boat but I stepped off sleep walking. Everybody should definitely use a safety harness in a tree stand. OSHA says they are required for my work so why not use one for play.

I usually still hunt but there are times I like sitting a waterhole or trail. I get there well before dark and might take a little nap. That way I have some time to check wind and let the woods quiet down before it gets close to sunset. For a sunrise hunt I will go in at 3 a.m., make sure I turn off the cell service and use my phone with an earbud for an alarm clock.

I am also a sleep walker and when I was about 10 night fishing with my uncle and dad I got a rude awakening. They thought I was going to hang it off the back of the boat but I stepped off sleep walking. Everybody should definitely use a safety harness in a tree stand. OSHA says they are required for my work so why not use one for play.

wait so you were sleep walking and walked off the boat? did I read that correct?

wait so you were sleep walking and walked off the boat? did I read that correct?

Exactly. Must have been dreaming of water skiing.

Guest 300ultramag.

yup. becareful in em. You get comfy and let your gaurd down.. it can go downhill in an instant. be aware of your surroundings and watch harness video.. have a blad on you in case you need to cut loose

• Like 1

5 hour energy

James