All seen 2 huge Toms late last night driving through NM near the Arizona border. If you are interested give me a ring and i would be glad to give you the location

928 965 0021

hopefully they are in new mexico as i believe arizona just closed lion season for 3 months.... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Should of run them over cause our season is only from October 1 to March 31.

Kevin

Should of run them over cause our season is only from October 1 to March 31.

Kevin

I would have if i would of known if it wouldn't of killed my truck

I think the season was closed to create more hunting opportunity, or something like that. :huh:

Two toms together, are sure it wasn't near the CA border??????? :wub:

hopefully they are in new mexico as i believe arizona just closed lion season for 3 months....

arizona did close for 3months

I called AzG&F prior to my long 3 day weekend. AZ lion season is still open until 6/30/2007. Then it will close, July , Aug and reopen Sept 01, 2007. Starting NEXT YEAR (2008). The season will close on 5/31/2008 and then start again Sept 01, 2008 (giving them 3 months ) to have their kittens. I didn't feel it was clear when I read about the changes, so I called and spoke to them directly.

Feel free if you are still unsure..

AzP&Y

You are 100% correct AZ P&Y. Those are the changes that were made. Lions have kittens year round though, that (lions have their kittens in these 3 months) is just the card the anti's were playing.

You are 100% correct AZ P&Y. Those are the changes that were made. Lions have kittens year round though, that (lions have their kittens in these 3 months) is just the card the anti's were playing.

A group of houndsmen put the AZ proposal together on their own initiative, I don't think AZGFD had much to say about it aside from stating that there are very few lions taken during that time of the year. I think the anti's won't be satisfied with any partial closures, it is all or nothing for them and they will ask for more next year until they get what they want.

During the three month closure there are still units that are open to lion hunting year round until the harvest objective is reached, you would have to check the regs or call for those units though.

Are you saying that hunters asked for this change?

I personally don't know who asked for the change, I'll let Keith speak to that, but I heard they wanted 6 months -and instead got 3. But will be back to limit the hunts even more.. (very concerning)...

AzP&Y

From what I heard and read the group of houndsmen got together with this proposal of three months to appease the anti's, I don't know if there was pressure from azgfd or not, or if they figured this was a peace offering, but the houndsmen did come up with this proposal that we got. I don't think anything short of a complete ban would appease the anti's so I wouldn't have given them anything, they would have had to fight for it. They may know something we don't, I hope they made the right choice. Amanda might have more information on this, or maybe there is a houndsmen that was a party to the discussions. I seem to remember a thread where this was discussed prior to the commission meeting that had more info, I don't think it has anythint to do with New Mexico though.