Sign in to follow this  
MT_Sourdough

Just another statistic, kid

I have a few cameras in the same area, off the road a ways though. Fortunately not everyone is a thief, I pulled a card on Monday and had several deer, a lion, a bear, and 4 pictures of the same guy, he definitely saw the camera but left it alone.

• Like 2

I blame a lot of it on tree hugging liberal hippies. Finding cameras in the woods is fun. Pause long enough to give the owner something to laugh about when checking picks and move on.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that I agree it's not your fault I wish people had respect but some still do I get a few hunters and ranchers now and then that just waive and that's cool I am also gambling this year I have 6 out right now going up this weekend to check I will see what made it through the 4th

Sorry to hear that I agree it's not your fault I wish people had respect but some still do I get a few hunters and ranchers now and then that just waive and that's cool I am also gambling this year I have 6 out right now going up this weekend to check I will see what made it through the 4th

Here is a business idea for anybody. You know how they make scent killer in spray bottles? How about poison ivy or oak juice? You would have to wear gloves for your cameras but I think you might give a few thieves something to think about until they wised up and took gloves with their bolt cutters.

• Like 1

I also had my first camera stolen earlier this year. Very sad to say but hunter ethics seems to be declining from what we experienced +20 years ago. As stated earlier, tree huggers,and USFS resources may also be guilty of these thefts. Additionally though, our forests are being trashed up with beer bottles, pop cans, baby diapers, etc. This points back to the hunting community. We need to step up our educational efforts in the grade schools and other high exposure areas that will make a positive impact on adults as well. I clean up a two mile section of roadway outside of Alpine and it is really disgusting to find all the litter that seems acceptable to some to just discard into our valued forests.

^^^ amen to that. I think there are a few bad apples in every bunch. When the total quantity of apples is increased, consequently, so does the total number bad apples.