Sign in to follow this  
Str8Shot

Do any of you archery guys use Aluminum Shafts anymore ?

Just looking to see if there are any out there that use and may need Aluminum shafts ... I have about 6 dozen (over half never used) that I contemplating just taking to the recycler ... but before I did figure would see if any are still using them ( I know a couple years back some of the guys shooting fish still were) ... If you do and want to make me an offer PM me ... If not no sweat they can be recycled.

PS. have a shaft gauge/straightener as well ...

probably worth more on the resale market than the recycle market. Some guys are going back to them. Advertise them here and on Archerytalk.com and they will sell.

How much you want for a few? They work great as pillars for bedding rifles.

How would you use them for that? Just curious.

I take 5th and 6th grade students archery shooting every year and service three to four boy scout groups as well for the archery merit badge. I have 8 fiberglass recurve bows that I let them shoot cheap carbon arrows from and three older compound bows for shooting aluminum arrows from. I would gladly take a dozen off your hands to support the educational outdoor cause in which I am freely engaged and donating my time to the cause.

• Like 2

I take 5th and 6th grade students archery shooting every year and service three to four boy scout groups as well for the archery merit badge. I have 8 fiberglass recurve bows that I let them shoot cheap carbon arrows from and three older compound bows for shooting aluminum arrows from. I would gladly take a dozen off your hands to support the educational outdoor cause in which I am freely engaged and donating my time to the cause.

Kidso

For that purpose you can have all of them free to give back to the kids ... Sent you a PM

• Like 8

Thanks for your generosity!

Easy. Just cut and file to fit your stock. First I drill out the screw holes in the stock with a 3/8" drill then place the arrow in the hole flush against the bottom metal or what have you and mark the arrow where it needs to be cut off. Cut the arrow with a small pipe cutter and file to fit flush with the bottom of the action inlet. I then remove material around the arrow shaft and cut groves for the bedding material and glass bed the piece of arrow in place with the action for a perfect snug fit every time. With pillars installed you can never overtighten the action screws or compress the stock material. Works like a champ.

• Like 1

Easy. Just cut and file to fit your stock. First I drill out the screw holes in the stock with a 3/8" drill then place the arrow in the hole flush against the bottom metal or what have you and mark the arrow where it needs to be cut off. Cut the arrow with a small pipe cutter and file to fit flush with the bottom of the action inlet. I then remove material around the arrow shaft and cut groves for the bedding material and glass bed the piece of arrow in place with the action for a perfect snug fit every time. With pillars installed you can never over tighten the action screws or compress the stock material. Works like a champ.

Great idea. Never heard of that. I really have never gotten into bedding much but I would like to do a rifle I have. Thanks for the info.

Guest 300ultramag.

that archery merit badge can be tough! they need all the arrows they can get! good deal here.

I have a new never shot pse snake recurve bow that you can have if you could use it.

Thanks muledeerman! With the large bundle of arrows donated by Str8Shot, another bow would certainly help. Feeling bad that it is new, because most of the bows I have acquired for the cause are heavily used, dinged up, scratched, and stringless. But, a diamond in the rough would certainly be put to use.

That being said, if anyone in the area ever has a "group" that would enjoy shooting bows as an activity, I now have enough equipment for 10 or 12 youth shooters and would gladly help them out. Scouts or youth church groups usually spend between 1 and 2 hours in the evening shooting balloons at Paseo Vista Archery Park, which is where I typically set up. Just send me a PM and we can coordinate.