Sign in to follow this  
mattys281

07 Diamond Liberty

Anyone shooting the Liberty or Black Ice? I'm more interested in the Liberty, due to the slightly longer a-t-a length. I've shoot the Drenalin, Vectrix, Switchback, Illusion, Diablo, & a few others & have to say that I liked the liberty the best. Smooth, fast, no hand shock (or almost none, at least). Can't wait to get one & was wondering what you guys that shoot them think now that you own one. Thanks.

Anyone shooting the Liberty or Black Ice? I'm more interested in the Liberty, due to the slightly longer a-t-a length. I've shoot the Drenalin, Vectrix, Switchback, Illusion, Diablo, & a few others & have to say that I liked the liberty the best. Smooth, fast, no hand shock (or almost none, at least). Can't wait to get one & was wondering what you guys that shoot them think now that you own one. Thanks.

Have not tried the new Liberty. Did you compare it to the Bowtech Guardian? I liked how the Guardian shot, but wanted something a little smoother draw.

Fred Bear / Premo's THE TRUTH baby.... :P :P

Sorry guys, I know you love your Bear's but they're tanks! The Liberty weighs in at 3.7 lbs bare & the Black Diamond at 3.6. That's probably what I found most impressive about them is that they're both so light and fast, yet you still feel no hand shock & they're really quiet. They're also really smooth. I liked the draw cycle much better than either the Vectrix or Drenalin, and the hit pretty much the same chrono numbers. Good stuff!

Have not tried the new Liberty. Did you compare it to the Bowtech Guardian? I liked how the Guardian shot, but wanted something a little smoother draw.

I've heard that it's a great shooting bow, but that whole center pivot, limb support contraption is a real turn off for me. It classifies w/ Oneida's in my opinion - an overly complicated way of achieving little or no benefit. Other bows shoot just as well w/ conventional designs. I think that's another "innovation" that benefits the marketing staff a lot more than the people shooting it. Again, just my .02.

Fred Bear / Premo's THE TRUTH baby.... :P :P

Sorry guys, I know you love your Bear's but they're tanks! The Liberty weighs in at 3.7 lbs bare & the Black Diamond at 3.6. That's probably what I found most impressive about them is that they're both so light and fast, yet you still feel no hand shock & they're really quiet. They're also really smooth. I liked the draw cycle much better than either the Vectrix or Drenalin, and the hit pretty much the same chrono numbers. Good stuff!

The truth is 4.2 lbs and is very quiet with little hand shock in my opinion.

But with that said MATTHEWS still suck..... :P :P :lol:

I shot the Black Ice yesterday and I am now debating whether to buy that the allegience or the guardian come february. The Black Ice is a fast bow and is probably the quitest and smoothest bow I have ever shot (yes huntn coues smoother and quieter than the Truth :D). I would highly recomend the black ice and the diamond line for that matter.

I shot the Black Ice yesterday and I am now debating whether to buy that the allegience or the guardian come february. The Black Ice is a fast bow and is probably the quitest and smoothest bow I have ever shot (yes huntn coues smoother and quieter than the Truth :D). I would highly recomend the black ice and the diamond line for that matter.

Let me know if you want the Black Ice. I checked w/ one of my wholesalers yesterday & they've got a bunch in stock. I'll make you a good deal on it. I'll be buying one of those for myself. I can also get the Truth if someone wants one of those.

For all you PSE fanatics, I'm selling my 07 Diablo. $300 cash for the bare bow. This bow retails for $599 new & is perfect shape. It's about 2 months old, 70 lb. limbs, & has the NRG Hybrid cams. I'll also throw in 3 Carbon Force 300 arrows & 3 Easton ACC's so you have something to fiddle around with. The ACCs are about 30 greains heavier so you get to try a couple different set-ups. These arrows are too heavy for the 60 pounder I'm ordering so they do me no good to keep 'em.

I've heard that it's a great shooting bow, but that whole center pivot, limb support contraption is a real turn off for me. It classifies w/ Oneida's in my opinion - an overly complicated way of achieving little or no benefit. Other bows shoot just as well w/ conventional designs. I think that's another "innovation" that benefits the marketing staff a lot more than the people shooting it. Again, just my .02.

Pretty obvious that you haven't shot one then. :rolleyes: That center pivot design will be around for some time.

I'd put money against that. Case in point, look at Martins shoot through cables. Good idea & they shoot really well from what I understand, but not enough benefit to make a difference. Bowtech may stick with it for a while, but I doublt you'll see other manufacturers following suit on this one. ;)

I'd put money against that. Case in point, look at Martins shoot through cables. Good idea & they shoot really well from what I understand, but not enough benefit to make a difference. Bowtech may stick with it for a while, but I doublt you'll see other manufacturers following suit on this one. ;)

You're absolutely correct because it's patented. As is the Martin Shoot thru. The Limb Pivot idea was actually on an earlier bow, but the technology wasn't there to make it work (1987). After that patent expired (20 years), Bowtech picked up the design and ran with it. The Martin Shoot thru is nice because it eliminates cam lean since there is no cable guard. This improves nock travel and the overall accuracy of the bow. Which is why you find it mostly on target models. But no other bow maker can touch it. People poo poo'd the binary cam design for a while too (darton patent i think) but it's becoming increasingly popular with other manufacturer's. With the attention the Guardian/Commander are getting this year, I'm betting they will be around for a long while. :)

Shoot one Matty, they really are good bows.

Everything that bowtec has produced has been the result of someone elses innovation. Some are just followers. we all know who the Real innovators in the archery industry are. "Catch us if you can"