Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Pay to Play?

That would fall under the pay and shut up tax. Pay pay pay. Then we sell it to china.

Next time you have to pay for access and you get your crap stolen - what legal grounds can one pursue to get the fs or government agency to pay for your losses ?

payment should come with some form of security!

like the tonto NF they claim to have 3 or 4 officers to patrol the whole forest ??

then 3 show up " rather quickly " to remove a snake ?? probably at a lake parking lot !

The snake was around a Boat ramp at a lake that was almost empty of people in a time of year it is not busy ... The first 2 were women who were too afraid to mess with it ....

• Like 1

The problem I have is the subcontractors that collect the fees. The fishing area up here by Jemez has day use fees for fishing and overnight camping. Years ago I bought one of those Eddie the Eagle passes that were suppose to give you free day access and half price camping fees. The reason I bought it was we were going to White Sands National Monument, Carlsbad Caverns NP, and Mesa Verde NP so I had access for a year for what the those entrance fees would have been. I did not have to pay entrance fees at any of those locations.

Needless to say I was carrying the book that said I did not have to pay day use passes at FS campgrounds when the subcontractor (not from NM) said I had to pay. I pointed out I did not have to pay and they said I did. I said we won't be staying then and I will contact the FS Monday when I get back to Albuquerque. They changed their tune real fast, I still didn't stay and did contact the FS on Monday. I haven't been back except for fishing in the wintertime when subcontractors aren't there.

So the extra fee you are paying is to the subcontractors that clean up and monitor the campgrounds, not the FS. I agree the FS should have enough funds from taxes to pay subcontractors and we should not have to pay extra.

IMO, it's no different than how waiters/waitresses automatically assume that they are getting a tip. What happened to tipping people for the GOOD quality service that was provided.. Now, they expect a "good tip" for doing their dang job! Overall, if they want a tip then they should work a bit harder for it and put a smile on. Same goes for subcontractors and FS, if they wan't more money then MORE services should be actually provided. (just my rant)

The problem I have is the subcontractors that collect the fees. .

yep. i gave the forest service guy some crap at saguaro lake years ago when they came up with the passes and boat stickers. he said it was because they were subcontracting cleaning up the lake and what not. so wtf do they do now, just collect fees?

The problem I have is the subcontractors that collect the fees. .

yep. i gave the forest service guy some crap at saguaro lake years ago when they came up with the passes and boat stickers. he said it was because they were subcontracting cleaning up the lake and what not. so wtf do they do now, just collect fees?

They collect the fees to fund Obama's Golfing and travel Fund !

I just think it's silly how we increasingly pay more to have someone up our butt making sure we paid enough. That's gov't for ya.