Sign in to follow this  
lancetkenyon

.300RUM Upgrades

I keep track of everything in a note pad for each rifle. All of my reloading data, conditions, rifle info, brass info, round count w. dates, seating depths, sizing die settings for different bullets, etc.

I am at 47 rounds through the .300RUM, and 467 through the 6.5 SLR in less than a year. My AR has approximately 3200+ since I bought it in Sept. 2013. I know the 6.5 SLR picked up about 50fps once I got 100 or so rounds down it. The AR picked up 30+fps. So if I get 30-50fps with the RUM, it should put me right at 3100+ for my sweet spot. I can live with that...but the elk won't.

I wanna see the shark mouth paint job!

Once I finish CJ's stocks, I have to do the .300RUM stock, and the 7mm I am having built right now at Phx. Custom Rifles.

It is out there, you just have to look hard and buy quick once you find it. All of my brass were once factory Remington loads.

Finalized my load development today. Went out with a few guns to sight in, finish load development, and just get some time behind the guns. Now all I have to do is draw an elk tag!!!

Shot everything at 200 today. Now I need to go stretch its legs and see what these will do out to 300-1700+ at my desert spot.

20160319_085241_zpswprv9bz5.jpg

Here is my full power load, 215 Hybrid @ 3100fps. Right at .650" @ 200 yards.

20160319_131147_zpsr9nob46h.jpg

Here are my light loads for Taylor to shoot. 210 HVLD @ 2956fps. Just under 1/2" @ 200.

20160319_084659_zpsulx88duw.jpg

Awesome groups! Pcr just finished a 300 rum for me. Really hoping it shoots like that.