Sign in to follow this  
218buck

257 Weatherby Mark V Accumark

I was wondering if anybody had any opinions on settings this gun up to be a long-range gun I'm looking for something maybe up to 600 yards is there anything I would need to do to this gun

Gladly.

The 110 accubond gets you to 600 with no issues. The 257 caliber doesn't have the bullet selection that the .007" larger 264 caliber has, but there are wonderful hunting options. TTSX, accubond, scirocco II, Berger, Partition, Aframe, ballistic tip, etc. None of them have crazy high BC's, but they will get you there.

• Like 1

I shoot a .25-06 Ackley Imp. w. a 28" barrel, and it is really close to a Weatherby in velocity. My go to load is a 115 Berger HVLD @ 3370fps. I pushed them to 3500+, but the accuracy was not quite as good. I take shots on steel to 1371 with ease. 1K is very doable, and 800 is a no brainer with the right conditions. I would not hesitate to take an 800 yard shot with this combo on deer size game.

install a leup 6.5-20 with a kenton knobb. the heavier bullets will give you less drop and wind drift after 600 yards. the lighter ones like the 87 is faster and flatter to 600 yards. ienjoy.