IHunt2live

resizing pictures

I can't post pictures becouse they are to large of a file. I'v tried uploading pics I've already posted and they don't even work. I thought that they were shrunk automaticly but for some reason its not working for me right now. Any pointers?

Why has it changed? were we all posting too many pictures? Sure was easy when it resized it for you.

Try emailing them to yourself

Most email programs will resize them so the can be fully viewed in the email

Then save them to your desktop and post them from there.

Then delete them from the desk top and you still have the original

Mike

Never mind my previous post

I just tried it

Then i resized the pics and could only get 2 to upload befor the file was full

Amanda said she had done some softwear upgrades last week

It may have something to do with that

Or maybe she just wanted to reduce the upload size

If you open them w/ microsoft office picture manager, there's a resize function that has an option to compress for documents, web-pages, or thumbnails. I've never had any trouble w/ it in the past, but had to compress them to web-page size in order to post the ones I put up today. Kinda sucks, they come out really small.

Ya, I was able to reduce them with a picture program

and when I uploaded them they were small like yours

and I could only get 2 to upload :(

If you are using Windows XP, preview the picture. Click the edit symbol on the bottom or "ctrl+e".

The picture will open in paint. Click "image".

Click "stretch and skew" or ctrl+w.

There are two boxes there in the stretch column, horizontal and vertical. Put in the percentage you want to either enlarge or shrink. Click ok.

Works for me.

I haven't seen any problem with uploading photos either before or after the upgrade. It is still automatically resizing and the size limits have not changed.

How many people are having trouble with this?

Amanda

I haven't seen any problem with uploading photos either before or after the upgrade. It is still automatically resizing and the size limits have not changed.

How many people are having trouble with this?

Amanda

I have been gone a while but, I have had to resize every attachment that I have posted these past couple of days. I also noticed that the attachment size limit went from 1G to 100KB.

Currently the max size of a post is 1000KB, which is 1MB. I don't believe it was every 1 GB. As far as I know, it used to be 1 MB and still shows as being 1 MB. The max number of images that can be in a post is set to 25. The software is set to automatically provide a thumbnail for an image that is greater than 600x800 pixels. Which means you can upload larger images and it automatically creates a thumbnail so it loads faster.

Since I can't find anything that would be causing the problem with attachments, I will go ahead and ask tech support and see if there is something new I am not aware of.

Amanda

At one time I thought that it had an unlimited file space when you uploaded an attachment.... I wonder if it is the software in my computer not allowing me to download more than 100 KB now??? This kind of stuff always confuses me?? :wacko: