Sign in to follow this  
Tres

Are your dogs ready??

Quail season is around the corner!! Are your dogs conditioned and trained for the season?

I've been giving my dog carrots and peas with his dog food every night as well as giving him some coconut oil. That coconut oil sure does give him some energy. He's been thinning out with his diet and the little bit of running I've been having him do. Summer is too hot to run him so he needs to get back into shape haha.

Here is some reading on the coconut oil:

http://www.abirdhuntersthoughts.com/2015/08/coconut-oil-for-dog-so-far-it-working.html?spref=fb&m=1

It is too hot still, I try and plan my trail rides where there's frequent water spots for the dog.

Maybe do some retrieving in a pool or pond for exercise?

• Like 2

The new pups got their feet wet with some doves....20150911_172213_zpsninalph5.jpg

Great pic.

Dog on left looks laid back like a super bowl champ. Dog on right wants to know why we have stopped hunting.

• Like 2

This new one I got loves the cat box! I'd like her to get hooked on coconut oil instead. Breath would smell better!

Hate it when the dogs get into the tootsie rolls! Can't understand why they want to eat cat turds?

• Like 3

The new pups got their feet wet with some doves....20150911_172213_zpsninalph5.jpg

Great pic.

Dog on left looks laid back like a super bowl champ. Dog on right wants to know why we have stopped hunting.

That statement sums them up to a TEE! That is exactly how they acted. Ruger (left dog) was like "I did my part, now give me a bone". Wesson (right dog) was like "why are we done so soon, it is still light outside?".

• Like 3

Hey Lance

I'd like to bring my beast to see if he can hunt. This picture shows that he's ready to go!

post-5669-0-09393300-1442523943_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I would LOVE to, but way too much to do before Christmas. We were going to have a nice quiet family dinner for 7, that has now doubled to 13 or 14 people.

Come January, I would definitely be willing.

Hey Lance

I'd like to bring my beast to see if he can hunt. This picture shows that he's ready to go!

attachicon.gifdexter2.JPG

best teach your dog to heel, Wink. Dog is totally out of control.