Thanks all these years I thought everyone besides me got a limit when they went out. The day was crazy at one point there where 10-15 birds in the air and that much still on the ground and from the corner of my eye I see about 10 scaled on a fallen down tree and I must have looked like a crack head Chihuahua trying to pick what bird to pull the trigger on. Numbers are way up from last year. And still have a few more spots to hit up tomorrow. I must say God's grace gave me the ability today and the knowledge

• Like 3

Good job Sherman.

I knocked down a couple. Dang birds would flush and go 1/4 mile straight up into the crags. I earned my birds today. But I didn't get out early enough to catch em at the water hole.

The really Crappy part is wife needs a shotgun for pics with girls at the wedding since it is a country themed wedding in black canyon city.. I saw few nice covey of quail on road when I was heading into place to drop off cake yesterday. Gonna be very hard taking red label and no shells!

Good luck with the birds ladies and gents!

• Like 1

Pulling out the gps collar puts my dog into a trance wondering why she isn't in the jeep and why said collar is not around her neck. Tomorrow I tell her but like a child they don't have a lot of concept of time for award.post-13388-0-50894000-1443894727_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Today was a bit harder went into an area with tall grass and soon found out that looking for downed birds for an hour in it is no fun and a dog would be awesome

• Like 4

Today was a bit harder went into an area with tall grass and soon found out that looking for downed birds for an hour in it is no fun and a dog would be awesome

When I get down there we will strap a collar and snake guards on James and he can be our bird dog! ;) do not tell my wife I just posted that...shhh

• Like 1

When I get down there we will strap a collar and snake guards on James and he can be our bird dog! ;) do not tell my wife I just posted that...shhh

I would say with his red hair he would be an Irish setter

• Like 1

I have a few hours free in the morning to try a few spots. Might get luck if they haven't been busted up the first two days. You goin out tomorrow Dustin?

going to try if you want to get together let me know

Dang today was tough me and muledeerarea33 went out and we think/know my coveys have Kevlar vest on but we got 3

• Like 1

Guess I'll update it, Sherman and myself met at his place of quail paradise. About a mile hike from the truck with no birds had me concerned about the spot. I loved the exercise and the company so no worries. We get back to the truck almost and the birds were waitin on us! Chased em for a bit and got a couple! Went to two other places and saw tons of quail! Ended the day at 10am as I had other commitments but overall we saw around 100 quail, scallie and gambels. I had a good time seeing new country and shootin at birds. Thanks Dustin! I grilled mine tonight with some chicken and the wife now wants to hunt them haha!!

• Like 1

I I had to make him ware a blindfold going in to and out of jk it was fun and I knew they would be waiting for us at the truck that is how the honey hole works. And glad the wife likes to eat them.