It was good to have someone to talk to today the last 2 days conversation where one sided haha after seeing that the spots I hit are above average makes me feel good BTW hoss I still have another area that I haven't hit this year and last year there where good birds so heaven help me if they are better this year

• Like 1

Dang boys. Sounds like you need someone with a dog. ;-)

Dang boys. Sounds like you need someone with a dog. ;-)

haha!! Dogs were mentioned mor than a few times. Between me a Dustin we have around 8 I think? Hoping we can make one good dog out of the bunch lol.

Where's the pics????? Until I see pics it's just a story...

Went out Friday with the family and myself, brother, and dad limited by 9am. Missed about 15 birds or would have literally been done by 7:30. With my brother in laws and nephews birds we ended the morning with 57 gambels and had a delicious meal today. It was 95 at our spot by 9AM so glad we were done fast. Gonna give it another try next week when it's a little cooler.

Went out for hour and half on Sunday, found four coveys and didn't fire a shot. Was seeing 2/3 grown birds mixed with adults and couldn't make myself feel right about it. All scalies probably typical breed in response to monsoon birds. Will try lower elevation next weekend more towards gambel hang outs to see what they're up to. Dog got some work though and no snakes was a plus.

Where's the pics????? Until I see pics it's just a story...

We where to mad at them when you have to triple tap them you get pissed fast we didn't know wth was going on. I will post some more from the openerpost-5984-0-48510800-1444077924_thumb.jpg

I think we even talked about #6 & #5 shot being used with a Turkey choke there is two birds in the picture

Well I got out the other afternoon for about 45 min and managed to get into one covey of birds I got one shot off and got 2 birds. Still one of the best seasons in a long time for mepost-5984-0-08631300-1445002674_thumb.jpg

So yesterday I go out to sight in guns for deer season and see some quail this time of year I always have a shotgun in the truck so I bust them up there was 25-30 birds in the covey. My spots seem to have done good with the rain