Sign in to follow this  
SouthernComfort

Manfrotto tripod

Really? What price did we agree on? Not sure what you would call a deal? You said you wanted to see it but couldn't do it today. I'm not Cabela's buddy, you can't PM me and put something on hold. What's worse etiquette; me selling something and giving you a heads up or you posting the same message both publicly and privately?

• Like 1

Really? What price did we agree on? Not sure what you would call a deal? You said you wanted to see it but couldn't do it today. I'm not Cabela's buddy, you can't PM me and put something on hold. What's worse etiquette; me selling something and giving you a heads up or you posting the same message both publicly and privately?

I think since this is not business (cabela's) most of us hold things for buyers until day we agreed to meet them. But even cabela s will hold items. :)

• Like 1

No - holding items for tire kickers ain't how the game is played. This aint layaway walmart. You snooze you lose. After both parties agree to terms is when the item is sold.

• Like 1

I didn't offer less then you asked.that means I agreed to your price. Did we have an agreement on time and location? Yes and yes. I'm just used to dealing with people with honor and ethics. I have purchased and sold dozens of items on here, not once have I tried to lowball after someone held it for me. I will order a new tripod today and be just fine. You on the other hand can go troll somewhere else.

• Like 1

I’m with hoghntr. Whether it be here, craigslist, etc. IMO, if you have set up a time and meeting place, you have essentially told someone that you are giving them the opportunity to buy their item. At the very least I feel someone should give the original buyer a courtesy heads up and opportunity before selling the item to someone else. Ultimately, it is SouthernComfort's item and he can sell it to who and how he wants. But on a site like this, how one does business tends to get noticed and word gets spread.

• Like 2

For someone to think they have first rights of refusal after reserving item at their convenience just to look at it is in la-la land. That's the risk you run if photos, phone calls, etc. don't satisfy you.