apache12

Any toyota mechanics out there? 4x4 sensor issue I think

So on my last hunt while driving back to camp in 2x4 my engine light popped and my 4lo light started blinking sling with my traction control light and the light for anti roll airbag shut off

Truck drove normal. No gauges spiked but I couldn't switch into 4x4. No movement in transfer case

Lights stayed on.

I was to far to get to a shop and didn't want to stop my sons hunt so we were fine withou4x4

Then about 10 starts later the lights went off and 4x4 was ok

Drove home

All good and then the lights popped on again

Same deal

Drive it abot 10 starts or so and they are off

I pulled the wheels and didn't see and plugs or wires off or broken

I traced the wheel wires to the engine area and all connected

Any thought on where or what this might be?

I'm in north phx if there is a shop that thinks they can figure it out

Have you searched for any Toyota specific forums? 9 times out of 10 you can find the answer from someone else having the same problem and posting about it. A lot of times it's something that you can fix yourself and save some $. Google and YouTube have saved me a good chunk of change. Good luck.

I had an issue with my tundra as it whent into safe mode with a Christmas tree of lights on dash. Would not shift pass 4th gear had do drive home at 45mph. After taking to shop they identified the wiring harness was chewed threw by a rat or mouse. Supposedly they coat them with peanut oil to pull wire, the rats/mice can smell it, and bam I was screwed! Might be the same case for u cause I don't believe I could engage my 4 wheel drive. This happend will out on a hunt in December Coues country

Pack rat damage causes lots of issues. Also check around your trailer harness plug. Any gunk or debris in or around it could short a wire and would turn on all the idiom lights you mentioned. If you scrapped bottom on the rear it coulda caused it too? Just another place to check.

I've had rats chew stuff up on mine, but never had any lights come on or anything. I'll be interested to see what you find out. I've never seen anything like that on any of my Toyotas.

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/#/forumsite/20555