Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

Kuiu Icon Pro 1850 Pack...

I've been looking into the kuiu packs and really like the Icon Pro 1850. They have 3 options online:

Bag Only - $99

Full Kit w/carbon fiber frame - $374

Suspension Only - $224

Now from what I understand the Suspension only option would come with bag, shoulder straps, hip belt and aluminum pole inserts correct? Or does the suspension price not come with bag?

Any info is appreciated, thanks!

We run the 1850, 3200 and 5200. Depends on what your trying to accomplish. If your backpacking go with the 5200 full frame and bag. I believe the suspension comes with just should straps and frame. Call them they can walk you through it.

• Like 1

I don't backpack hunt. I usually just carrying out a day pack from camp with everything I need. Right now I'm using a badlands 2200, so I would like a kuiu pack that can compare to it.

Go with the 3200 then. 1850 is a little small

• Like 1

I run the 1850, full kit, its perfect for all-day trips. I thought about the 3200 but I know Id fill up all that extra space with crap I didn't really need. Its stupid easy to load up an entire quartered Coues, big enough for an elk hind quarter, and very very comfy, even with a heavy load.

• Like 1

I have the 1850 and wish i had the 3200, by the time i get my spotting scope, tripod and binos there is not much room for anything else...headlamp,knife range finder, its tight... however I wear my binos on my chest once in the field and the pack opens up...but walking in the dark I don't need to wear my binos and my pack is full...hard to fit food and beer I mean drinks in the pack... something to think about

I would recommend the 3200 or the Outdoorsman Pack....

• Like 2

A few picks with everything in it....not much room. Binos, spotter, and tripod. I also have a head lamp, range finder and rope.... Bare minimum

post-295-0-91297000-1445391481_thumb.jpeg

post-295-0-64233800-1445391615_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Can't you put your tripod on the outside? On the side? Prob help free up some room, not much, but some.

I use the 1850 and put the tripod outside.

• Like 1

Yes I can put the tripod on the outside. I prefer to not take off my tripod plate and bino mounting adapter (I have lost one when it was on the outside of my pack).

If I had the 3200 this would be not issue

• Like 1

Thanks for the input everyone!

Redman- Thanks for the pics! Really helps out a lot! One thing I like about the badlands 2200 are the dedicated tripod & spotting scope pouch on each side of the "wings". I think I would end up putting the tripod on the outside of the pack if I were to get the 1850. When taking the 2200 out in the field I rarely fill it up and always usually have plenty of space to spare, which is why I was considering going down to 1850 rather than up to 3200. I usually only pack Tripod, 15x Binos, Range finder, Tripod glassing chair, 10x Binos on harness, gps, Water bladder, Flashlight/Head lamp, knife, spare batteries, Spare mags, beanie and light jacket/sweater, and snacks. Just packing that usually leaves me a lot of room to fill up in the main part of the pack.

Now I don't know which one to get. :lol:

I was even looking at the Ultra 3000. What is the better bag/line, Ultra or Icon Pro? I do like the two cross traps on the icon pro series of bags. Can those straps be added to the Ultra bags with the Icon quick release compression straps Kuiu sells for $9.99? It says it can be used on any pack, but not sure if those are the straps that run across the bag like on the Icon bags?

Yea you can add he compression straps to the ultra bag. The ultra 3000 is what I use. Only has 3 pockets...so if you are picky about organization go with the Icon pro bag

• Like 1

Redman- Thanks for the pics! Really helps out a lot! One thing I like about the badlands 2200 are the dedicated tripod & spotting scope pouch on each side of the "wings". I think I would end up putting the tripod on the outside of the pack if I were to get the 1850. When taking the 2200 out in the field I rarely fill it up and always usually have plenty of space to spare, which is why I was considering going down to 1850 rather than up to 3200. I usually only pack Tripod, 15x Binos, Range finder, Tripod glassing chair, 10x Binos on harness, gps, Water bladder, Flashlight/Head lamp, knife, spare batteries, Spare mags, beanie and light jacket/sweater, and snacks. Just packing that usually leaves me a lot of room to fill up in the main part of the pack.

With the list you provided, the 1850 will not work.... the pictures of my pack does not include a bladder or any drinks in it... sure I think you could cram it all in.... but there is not a significant extra weight with to the 3200... my binos are 12x50 so 15x would take up more room..... GPS is my watch...

• Like 1

With the list you provided, the 1850 will not work.... the pictures of my pack does not include a bladder or any drinks in it... sure I think you could cram it all in.... but there is not a significant extra weight with to the 3200... my binos are 12x50 so 15x would take up more room..... GPS is my watch...

I agree with redman here. Wife uses the 1850 everyday on her hikes. It works for her only because she is packing out horns. I use the 1850 when checking cams or just hiking with her. 5200 all other times. You will be disappointed in the 1850 if you plan on packing all that in there. if you ever up in our neck of the woods and want to try or see the difference let me know. Lets put it this way our 7 year old is 80lbs and uses the 1850 of his own. fits his water badder and his tripod and a few snacks thats about it.

• Like 2