Sign in to follow this  
Tines

SD card reader in the field

I need to change my set-up and all of you tech gurus need to chime in! Currently when I check my SD cards, I use my digital camera. It seems to be the fastest for me right now but the screen is so small!. I did buy an SD card adapter for my older iPad and it worked fine, however, it would download ALL of the pics onto the iPad and save them so I could then view them. I think it actually took longer than the digital camera method and there were a TON of pics I didn't want. But I did like having the bigger screen.

I use an iPhone 6 for my phone and I've heard that some of those SD adapters really aren't compatible with phones?? But some are?? Not to mention, I don't want them to automatically download to my phone when I plug it in. And I'd like a bigger screen.

This is what I need:

1. 8+ inch screen for viewing. But probably not bigger than 12" (easily packable).

2. A simple "plug the card in and view" type set-up. Even if I have to buy the adapter, I'm okay with that.

3. I'd like it to be wiFi compatible.

Thanks for the help, guys!

• Like 1

I use a Nexus 7 tablet with an SD adapter. There are two different apps available to use with the adapter, a viewer and a downloader.

• Like 1

Cool, thanks Kevin. I'll check that out

Elkaddict,

Which model iPad? Like I mentioned before, I had an older version. In fact, so old I can't update it any longer. Are the newer iPads a little more user friendly with what I'm trying to do? Thanks.

It's not a new one, the model # is MD523LL/A Apple iPad 4th Gen.

Much newer than mine. Ha! Do the pics have to download/save first or can you just view the card?

You may want to look at the Sony Experia Z3 compact tablet... The lightest smallest 8.1 inch you will find ... Water and dust proof to the highest specs reviewed to be one of the most rugged tablets ... USB and Micro SD ( up to 128 GB ) .. personally I would use with a USB adapter for card and transfer to a 64 GB or 128 GB card to take with me home.

I bought one of Dell's small powerful business laptops that was used, several years old, certified refurbished, new operating system, off of new egg. Turns on in like a minute, can do anything you need with photos and videos, pics always in one place now.

It's not a new one, the model # is MD523LL/A Apple iPad 4th Gen.

Much newer than mine. Ha! Do the pics have to download/save first or can you just view the card?

What bonecollector said.