Sign in to follow this  
FB67

Sothgate Weatherby 300 Magnum

I picked up this rifle from bhuntin back in July , it had been hunted and used but not abused. The stock had some dings and the scope rings were missing but overall it was in good shape . I did some research on it and found out that it is a pre Mark V built in 1954 on a FN mauser action built for Weatherby it also has a original Timney trigger. If it was 100% I would not of touched it but decided the stock needed some work and it may get re-blued one day. I striped the stock and re-chekered it and used true oil to refinish it. I like old hunting rifles and I am looking forward to shooting it and hunting with it, then pass it down to one of my sons. Thanks bhuntin for the great deal. Southgate not sothgate

post-10684-0-56588200-1446085648_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Beautiful rifle. They just don't make them like that anymore. Bhuntin is a good dude.

It is amazing that is the same stock.

Beautiful!

It is amazing that is the same stock.

Beautiful!

Thanks it was cool when I started to sand it and the grain started to show I was pretty happy. I bought a box of factory ammo and built some hand loads so next weekend I am going to get out and see how it groups. Its a fairly light rifle so I am expecting it to kick a bit, probably more then my 300 Win.