Manamal

Scouting Az.

Well the 27th is coming up fast! I hope everyone is shooting well and has found some bucks to hunt come opening weekend. I've been scouting a popular central arizona unit for bucks and bears. What I've been seeing makes me very excited for the season. So far the coues have been cooperative but no bear sightings as of yet. I was just wondering if any of you had seen any bears in your adventures into coues country this year.

I have seen 12 different bucks, and got trail cam pics of 7 of them. One of them is the 110+ monster I shot at last year. I have seen 1 bear, and got pics of three bears including the big one I hope to see. I have my animals picked, now it is just a matter of seeing them on the 27th and 28th.

GMM

While spot lighting last night I finally found some muleys worth chasing this August. It's the same group I hunt every season it's just they always take forever to find and I know the area they hang in. Every year they get bigger and there's always a smaller buck hanging with them. These bucks I estimated last year at 32-35 inches wide tall and very thick. No joke; and I know what it takes to make a 30 inhcer. :) Last year there were two at that mark and the other two one was about 30 and the fourth was about a 22 inch four point. By last nights sighting I only saw two that were huge and the third was a big 2pt. Last season my brother got a shot at the 30 incher because the monsters were to far I guess. He missed and this year hopefully that won't happen. Good Luck this archery season.

Edited by 111

Wow! Well I'll tell you what, I havent found any 110" monster coues, or carp with a 35" spread. Those sound like great bucks I hope you guys get a crack at em!!! I have seen the same three coues bucks hanging together on three different days. Not record book animals, just good mature bucks that had better watch thier backs.

I have spent the last few weekends down south scouting and getting some nice bucks on video, I saw a couple of decent mulie bucks Sunday but mostly coues. I am anxious to hed up north to unit 1 the weekend of the 27th and try to stick a turkey. A succesful archery turkey has eluded me thus far although I have scared the heck out of a couple and thinnned the breast feathers out on a nice tom. Anyway I hope the get some nice still pictures this weekend and post them.

I've got me a nice 2*2 picked out this year that I have patterned. He is running w/ 2 other bucks and is about 8 inches wide. I would say he will score a good 40 inches or so.

Treestandman, a hunter after my own heart. My kind of trophy hunter. Good luck to everyone. I won't be out chasing till January so leave one for me.

Brian