Sign in to follow this  
ruppart

FS: ***SOLD PF*** Brand new Eberlestock J105 in Max-1 camo

Got the J105 pack new a couple monthes back, but just can't get it to fit my 6'8" frame correctly. It's in perfect shape--only loaded with gear a couple times to try it out. I even have the original tag from Sportsman's Warehouse.

Would like $190 shipped CONUS for it. If you're interested in a "Just One" pack without paying the extra for the new j107, here's your chance. Also, I know I'm new as a member here on this board, but I can provide references if desired. For starters, you can check out my ebay rank under the username "shooting_nut". Also, I can be reached in person (I live in Goodyear, AZ) if someone is serious about the pack. Thanks!

DSC01604.jpg

DSC01602.jpg

DSC01601.jpg

Nice Toes :lol: :P :lol:

How would it fit a 5'10" frame

LOL--I wondered how long it would take someone to comment on that...

The J105 should fit you just fine. It has a good range of shoulder pad height adjustment on it (five different increments, I believe?). It just doesn't have enough for a freak like me.

Let me know if you want some more detailed pictures of how the shoulder straps adjust.

Thanks!

I have the exact same pack and love it! I am 6' and have it set at the tallest setting so I can see how it would be difficult for someone who is 6'8" but there is plenty of room for it to be adjusted for someone shorter

If you look at eberlestock's website they advertise different shoulder straps for taller people, have you looked into those?

I have been thinking about a pack like this for my Elk hunt

since I know I will have to pack back in to get away from the hunter pressure.

I think I have like 5 differant packs. Maybe I need 6 :unsure:

That way I can let CnS and Huntncoues use my pack frames ;)

Hey GameHauler I am right at the 6 foot area maybe a touch under and here I am packing out my dads deer in one trip. IT is a very comfortable pack and it should fit you fine. Also mine is the J105 not the 105

PA260019.jpg

Wow. I didn't expect this much action on this post. Thanks for all the input, gentlemen!

To answer the one gentleman's question, I did investigate the longer straps via some email conversations with Glen Eberle. His frank recommendation for someone my size was to just wait and look at the J107, which he says was designed to accomodate taller/longer torso individuals if necessary (longer pack, slightly different adjustment points). I did that as soon as one came into my local Sportsmans, and he was right; it fits perfectly. *sigh* I was hoping the j105 would work when I got it, as it's a little cheaper and weighs about a pound less. Oh, well. And I don't really need the detachable fanny pack (although it's a nice touch--certainly better implemented than Badlands' 4500 pack by far).

Thanks again!

OK, just as an update--GameHauler is first in line (thinking about it this evening), with akuritone second with an "i'll take it" this afternoon. Will update as I hear back from GameHauler.

Thanks again, gentlemen!

Mr. GameHauler says he wants it. Thanks for the patience and interest though, Jeff.

What say you Mr. GameHauler??????

Jeff