520AZcountryboy

Hunting 36c this weekend!

Hey what's up guys! Just became a new member and was wondering if anyone had some advice for camping alone in this unit for just a night. Im leaving tomorrow but my friend can't make it out till Friday afternoon. Any advice would be appreciated.

I've camped in 36C alone several times. Really not a big deal, IMO.....

What area are you planning on camping? There are usually spots where you can find other camps within close proximity, if you're looking for less solitude at night.

Good luck on the hunt!

S.

:)

We just stay in the open. Not in any low spots or washes that are travelled. Leave some bottled water out, they will leave everything else alone. The drug runners are usually deeper in the hills anyways. Solo in 36c won't be an issue for camping. Should be a good hunt with this weather!!

• Like 2

Thanks for all the info guys. Planning on camping near Schaffer ranch house. Went scouting a few times and haven't seen too many signs of illegals or trash left behind. Should I have too worry about leaving camp unattended for long periods of time during the day?

Had that tag opening weekend. We had 6 tags in camp and 4 of us tagged out. Big canyons with scrub oak in the bottom seem to be the ticket. Three of the bucks we shot were found as they were leaving their beds and feeding around the scrub oaks in the early evening. Mine still had an acorn in his mouth when I got to him. Best of luck.

• Like 1

Best of luck on your hunt out there. Be safe.

The biggest 2 coues I ever seen were in 36c. One was a non typical that would blow your mind. And He should be on my wall ,butt I was in so much awe.I forgot to shoot 125 yards...........I will be there again some day. Lots of lions too. Shoot them don't let them go.................BOB!

• Like 3