Sign in to follow this  
Pac8541

New hunting sight

I just want the best tool for the job.

Heard that!

Let us know what you decide and what was the final tipping point. If I was around, you would be welcome to check mine out.

Come down the the shop and I'll put both in your hands and let you see and feel the differences. MBG sights are awesome and will fill the need for many hunters. The Spot Hogg sights are a bit more durable but way smoother in adjustments and the dial is like butter and locks very solidly. I've personally ran the MBG sight and it was very nice compared to most any other options. I am now using the SH and won't go back.

HUGE thanks to Maverick351 for his help with all this, and to the rest of you for all the input and suggestions. I looked at 3: the Spot Hogg Tommy, the MBG Ascent, and the CBE TEK. After handling them and weighing the pros/cons I've decided on the SH Tommy. It boils down to what makes the best compromise because there are features I liked on all of them, but not a single unit that had them all. When I prioritized what I found most important, the SH hit more points than the others while forcing me to accept some I didn't care for but ranked lower.

Not sure if I'm gonna buy new or used, guess that depends on what I find and how urgently I "need" it but that's the plan for now. Thanks again for all your help.