Got my new toy yesterday. Phoenix Custom Rifle Build. 7mm Rem Mag.

Stiller Predator Action

Night force ATACR 4-16x42

McMillan stock with custom paint job with flush cups

Brux Barrel with intermittent fluting

Timney trigger

Atlas bipod on the way

Triad tactical sling on the way

Seekins Rings

Load development starts tomorrow night. It's a looker and I'll make it a shooter.

post-13089-0-83601200-1449798835_thumb.jpeg

post-13089-0-79749600-1449798849_thumb.jpeg

post-13089-0-50084100-1449798861_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

I hate to say it, but see a major flaw. I doubt it can be corrected without tossing some money into it to correct the issue.

The bolt is on the wrong side.

What is the final weight?

Barrel contour, twist rate and length?

Plans for bullet/powder recipe?

Looks awesome.

• Like 3

I hate to say it, but see a major flaw. I doubt it can be corrected without tossing some money into it to correct the issue.The bolt is on the wrong side.What is the final weight?Barrel contour, twist rate and length?Plans for bullet/powder recipe?Looks awesome.

Lol. Yeah it's really custom being a lefty. Weight is just over 11 lbs (these scopes are tanks but that was a conscious decision for durability), contour is a 5 if memory serves me right with. 9tw ss barrel.

I'm gonna start with reloaded 22, 168 Berger VLD hunting and 65 grains. I was going to keep the load constant and characterize the jump first, then when I narrow down the jump optimize further around the load. Open to suggestions on that process.

What was the lead time for your build?

after i got all the components (which didn't involve lead times greater than 2 weeks) the actual build took around 10 weeks or so. with hunting season we probably lost a week or two but i wasn't pushing too hard.

That is a sweet looking rifle! I really like the camo pattern on it!

I have worked up loads for 3 different 7RMs with RL22 and 168 HVLDs. Good combo. I will look at what each one liked for charge weight this weekend if you want. Start low and work up. Some show pressure before others, and it seems the customs use a better, slightly tighter reamer than the factory guns from what I have seen.

I have worked up loads for 3 different 7RMs with RL22 and 168 HVLDs. Good combo. I will look at what each one liked for charge weight this weekend if you want. Start low and work up. Some show pressure before others, and it seems the customs use a better, slightly tighter reamer than the factory guns from what I have seen.

yeah let me know what works for you.

i'll start a little lower and work up as you suggest....

We have almost the exact same rifle so I will save you a bunch of time.

70gr of Ramshot Magnum

168gr Nosler LRAB

CCI Large Rifle primer

~2,950

My max OAL was 3.83 and my final OAL was 3.815

5 coues, 2 mulies, and one bear from 250yds out to 550yds so far and all one and done so I am pretty happy and this is my favorite rifle of all time.

Have fun!