Sign in to follow this  
missedagain

BEAR SEASON

Who else is getting ready for bear season? Looks like the pears below 3000ft are getting pretty juicy. I am going down to 35 last week of July for the end of my archery season, if I can't connect I will be waiting for Aug 10. to maximize my hunter opportunity :P

I will also be hunting August 10th. I never put too much time into hunting Bears. I just did it to get out of the house and in the field. This year while scouting I found a very nice place. I have about five to seven boars to choose from. They are draining my camera in less than two weeks, with a 30 minute delay between pics. I would post some pics but I don't know how. I figued if I shot one I would show the before and after pictures. We will see but I am pretty excited to see how it plays out.

I will be in unit XX on the 10th. Saw 3 last year in the same spot last year. Hope to get one with my bow this year. Pears are looking mcuh better this year.

I'm also pretty pumped about it. We've seen 3 blackies during our last 2 trips to 27 to scout.

I'm also pretty pumped about it. We've seen 3 blackies during our last 2 trips to 27 to scout.

In the pears or oaks?

I'm not hunting 27, for what it's worth.

Up high, above 8000ft, where we'll be deer hunting.

In the pears or oaks?

I'm not hunting 27, for what it's worth.

Anybody been in 24a, 24b or 23 and seen any? The pears seem to be hanging in the green to green/pink zone and just not moving fast enough. We'll see in 11 days.

I've only seen some tracks from the recent rain storms and some OLD crap full a manzanita berries......and for what it's worth I'm not in 27 either :)

I'll be looking for pear bears with some friends as well. But if things don't look ripe, bear hunting may turn into bear camping. :lol:

I'll be looking for pear bears with some friends as well. But if things don't look ripe, bear hunting may turn into bear camping. :lol:

That sounds like more 12oz curls!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Checked my camera yesterday and this guy was nice enough to turn my camera around and face some bushes right after I put it out. (date and time are wrong)

post-679-1186244755_thumb.jpg

Looks like the pears in 24A are still way to green. You must be looking at the higher elevations in 24A Rimunter? Looks like were going to hold off till the end of August and hope no one kills a female.