Sign in to follow this  
HUNTnTAT2

45c

So the other day I was at the vet because my dog had to have surgery and when I went to pick her up to take her home. I was wearing a kuiu jacket. And over heard an older gentleman mention something aabout a desert bighorn hunt. He paid and walked out of the clinic about 5-10 minutes before me. When I walked out he asked about my jacket. I asked him about what he was talking about inside. To find out he has the sheep hunt in 45c Castle Domes. We chatted up ip for about 20 minutes about prior hunts. I asked him if he hired a guide. He said no. Asked him if he had alot of help. No. Just him and his sick dad. I offered to help out on the hunt. We exchanged numbers and he said he could use all the help he could get. Ive never been in 45c. Im blind as a bat to the unit. But can glass animals. Never been on a sheep hunt. And would love to get the experience. Any help from any forum members that have had experience on thus hunt would be greatly appreciated. I firmly believe in helping others just for the heck of it! Ill be going out on his hunt next weekend. If he doesn't tag out this weekend.

• Like 2

I'd love to go look for sheep but unfortunately have zero time available. I'd bet there are some Yuma area members of this site that are VERY savvy on this unit.

I can give you the number of a guy I know that lives in Yuma and hunts that area a lot. Said his friends live to help guys kill sheep in those units and do it just for fun. Pm me if you want to talk to him.

If I was home I'd be there in a heart beat. I have seen several nice rams in the Castle Domes. I have even spotted them from the few roads in the unit while passing through.

Some Yuma boys will surely help. If you don't get a crew together hit me up and I can give you some starting points. KOFA also puts out basic maps that list many of the water catchments.

Good luck to him and you if you get the chance. Post some pics!

As of right now. He is unable to even go on the hunt. His dad has fallen ill. And his dog is not doing well either. He said he will contact me if plans change. Hope all works out for his situation.

He was able to go on the hunt and harvested a great ram

Any other details? Did you go along and help? Did he end up hiring an Outfitter?