Sign in to follow this  
Str8Shot

This is the BS that needs to stop!

It is acts like this that give us all a bad name.... I am betting there are hunters out there that know the person involved because in these times it is all about bragging ... I hope they catch this wasteful SOB.

http://azgfd.net/artman/publish/NewsMedia/Reward-offered-for-information-on-mule-deer-killed-in-Mesa-near-lower-Salt-River.shtml

As hunters we need to call out those individuals we see, including friends and relatives, that do stupid things that hurt the future of Hunting....

• Like 3

I hope they catch these guys!!!

Tards were out in force wensday, road poaching through Madera in the rain, it's OK though, I got your licence number and passed it on to AZ G&F...

Blacked out Jeep 4door with red accents on the rims...

Seems like the madera canyon area attracts these people who don't like to follow the rules! I hope something is done with these guys. Any word on the original guy you posted about in your thread?

Its unfortunate that it only takes a few people doing stupid things to ruin it for everybody else.

Isn't it possible that the deer was legally shot and the hunter could not find it? Archery deer season is open after all.

Or did they cut off the horns and leave the rest? Story is not clear. They just say a carcass was found.

• Like 1

Isn't it possible that the deer was legally shot and the hunter could not find it? Archery deer season is open after all.

Or did they cut off the horns and leave the rest? Story is not clear. They just say a carcass was found.

" Since the carcass was found near a popular hiking and mountain biking trail, it is possible that someone saw the suspect leaving the area carrying the deer’s head and antlers."

Tards were out in force wensday, road poaching through Madera in the rain, it's OK though, I got your licence number and passed it on to AZ G&F...

Blacked out Jeep 4door with red accents on the rims...

What's this road poaching you speak of?

It is possible a hiker found the arrowed deer drug it off and stole the head and antlers. All before the hunter could find the animal. It is an investigation for a reason. Just assuming it was a meat waste is not the right way.

• Like 1

It is possible a hiker found the arrowed deer drug it off and stole the head and antlers. All before the hunter could find the animal. It is an investigation for a reason. Just assuming it was a meat waste is not the right way.

Anything is possible, but most non-hunter hikers don't have the stomach to decapitate a critter...

I'm thinking this is a "if you hear hoof beats, don't think Zebra!" kinda scenario. It's most likely exactly what it seems, some weekend warrior shot a deer than either didnt know what to do with it so they just took the head or the just flat didn't care. Either way, es no bueno for the image of hunters. :angry:

Anything is possible, but most non-hunter hikers don't have the stomach to decapitate a critter...

I'm thinking this is a "if you hear hoof beats, don't think Zebra!" kinda scenario. It's most likely exactly what it seems, some weekend warrior shot a deer than either didnt know what to do with it so they just took the head or the just flat didn't care. Either way, es no bueno for the image of hunters. :angry:

Careful....wknd warriors have a right to be in the field, too. Lark might take offense to your stereotype.

Clearly it's guides that are the problem. I'm sure it was a high paying client who had help from above, only to radio to the "hunter" the bucks location. But after ground checking the buck did the hunter and cohort realize that they always look bigger from the sky.

Or.....its some moron who has no regard for the animal or the law.

If I were a bettin' man

Careful....wknd warriors have a right to be in the field, too. Lark might take offense to your stereotype.

Clearly it's guides that are the problem. I'm sure it was a high paying client who had help from above, only to radio to the "hunter" the bucks location. But after ground checking the buck did the hunter and cohort realize that they always look bigger from the sky.

Or.....its some moron who has no regard for the animal or the law.

If I were a bettin' man

Your point is not in dispute. I have nothing at all against a weekend warrior hunter, theres nothing wrong with not being a fanatical hunter. Heck, I'll be happy if I get to be a weekend warrior this year, probably I'll end up just looking at everyone else's pictures with jealousy.

My money would also be on the disregard for the law, but its possible that its ignorance. I would be surprised if it was some other part removing the head of someone else's deer, but I guess that does happen sometimes.

Probably just shot it to see if they could kill it and hone their archery skills. We should all do this to stay sharp so you don't miss that big one when it's hunting time and LEGAL!!!!!!

Hang all thieves I say and leave em in the tree for others to see.

Probably just shot it to see if they could kill it and hone their archery skills. We should all do this to stay sharp so you don't miss that big one when it's hunting time and LEGAL!!!!!!

Hang all thieves I say and leave em in the tree for others to see.

It was in a open archery unit, the issue is not the kill ...The issue is the wasting of game... It is illegal to cut off the head and leave the rest of the deer to rot without taking the meat.