A very large storm hit last night just north of Globe and in addition to lots of heavy rain, there was LOTS of lightning. I decided to go out and try and tape some of the storm. I didn't get the best stuff, because I needed to be in the thick of the rain for that and I didn't want to ruin the camera! I tried taping through the jeep window for awhile, but that didn't work well, so I went back down out of the storm and set up at the Gila Co fairgrounds and taped the storm from a distance.

here is the link to the 1.5 min video.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/video_clips/lightning_1.wmv

Enjoy!

Amanda

Nice! Almost fell asleep in my chair. Gotta love those storms :rolleyes:

Looks familiar...the news said the Catalinas have received 5" in the last two days and it looks like we are about to get another round down here again pretty soon...

Very good footage. Its amazing the amount of energy that is created with just heat and moisture. Thanks for sharing.

Very cool Amanda! There is just something about being out in the desert watchin' a lightning storm like that rollin' in.....I love it, thanks for sharin! JIM>

Thanks Guys! I will be trying to get some better footage when I can. Hopefully I will get lucky :) I wasn't even sure my camera could pick up those lightning bolts. It did a pretty good job. I tried to do some filming of a cool storm last night on the rez, but it was too far away and the camera just couldn't capture it.

Amanda

Wow, I almost forgot how intense those storms can be. I am getting used to a lot of rain with just a bit of lightning instead of the AZ storms where you get lots of lightning with a bit of rain.

That was great, very soothing! Thanks Amanda! jimmya