Sign in to follow this  
bojangles

firearm appraiser

i have a friend who has a hand made double barrel shotgun, probably French, mid 1800's, and a winchester lever action 308 that he wants to put up for sale, but has no idea of their worth.

where does somebody go for firearm appraisals?

thx!

i think the winchester is more common, but i was scratching my head on the antique muzzle loader shotgun. i have no inclination of it's value, neither does he, but it does look valuable.

The model 88 winny is going to be from $350. Low end up to $750.00 for like new just depends who you talk to and how bad he is wanting sell? The shot gun sounds to be for looks:) what gage is it since it was made over pond?

The model 88 winny is going to be from $350. Low end up to $750.00 for like new just depends who you talk to and how bad he is wanting sell? The shot gun sounds to be for looks:) what gage is it since it was made over pond?

thanks!

you know, i couldnt tell what guage, looked like it may have been somewhere around a 16 guage. it's interesting looking, and definitely old. not sure if it has value or not. i was hoping to get pics this weekend the the wife hit a deer, in fountain hills of all places, and now we have no car. so...i'll do what i can.

also, the lever gun is a pre-64, not sure if that helps out non model 70's?

Winchester 88s are awesome lever guns. Smooth linkage. Id jump on this, but I have 2 already, and a Sako copy, Finnwolf, in 243. Good luck on the sale.