Sign in to follow this  
zackcarp

Parker Lake

Just wondering how the fishing is mostly. Gonna start taking my 3 year old this spring. Whats the most common fish there? Trout or Bass?

Took the fam out to the lake today. Some campers who had been there all weekend said the fishing is very slow right now.

There's native bullhead there and they started stocking channel cats a few years ago. You can drop straight down around the dock at night and do ok for the bullheads. I haven't been back since they started stocking channel cats though. I prefer going to patagonia for the big flatheads. I hear all those ponds in St David are chock full of fish. Ask around eventually you'll find someone that will let you fish on there property.

There's native bullhead there and they started stocking channel cats a few years ago. You can drop straight down around the dock at night and do ok for the bullheads. I haven't been back since they started stocking channel cats though. I prefer going to patagonia for the big flatheads. I hear all those ponds in St David are chock full of fish. Ask around eventually you'll find someone that will let you fish on there property.

i haven't been back to Patagonia since I saw ant entire family take dumps in the lake (8 people in 2 days) they were from south of the border. I'm sure that wasn't the only family that does it regardless of where they're from. Parker canyon has some good night fishing all around the lake. I won't go as far as to advertise st. David. Not that great for fishing and hard to access.

Went to parker last night with the wife and kids since I hadn't been there in such a long time. I wish they had flatheads there it's so much nicer there then patagonia. During the days it seems warm enough to go catfishing but last night at parker and a couple weeks ago at patagonia, it's still pretty cold at night. That being said my wife did catch what looked to be a nice channel cat and it got off right as we tried to pull it out of the water, other than that it was pretty slow.