Sign in to follow this  
crazyaboutcoues

2006-2007 Burro mountain archery buck

How did he get the head to stay up like that?

How did he get the head to stay up like that?

That's what I was wondering. Don't want to start an arguement, but that looks like some guy photo-shopped behind a picture of a bedded deer. Ears look kinda small for a coues deer, too. Does someone know this guy, or is this another photo from a friend of a friend, who knows this guy who has a cousin who met someone at the circle K, who saw this guy with his deer?

Never mind. If you click on the photo to enlarge it you can see a piece of the rock behind it that's propping up it's head. What an awesome buck.

Wow, that is a monster coues right there!! Making an animal look like that can be done, it just takes a bit of work. My brother hunted with a guy who would clean any visible blood off the animal and then put it in a walk-in freezer and prop it up in the position he wanted it and get it frozen into that position.

I'm not sold. I don't see anything holding the head up and every dead dear I've seen with the head held in this position has an open mouth. Maybe they froze it but other than that it doesn't look right. This looks like a photoshop job to me.