Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

grilled cheeze-hold the bread...

i got nuthin'! me and another old, old buddy have put 50 miles on our boots last week and this and NO color! a couple a chalkies.

must be global warming. or maybe I jinxed meslf by buyin' new batteries for the camera.......

lee

Same here, did a 10 miler last weekend and saw tons of sign but nothing on the ground. Either I got beat or they haven't dropped yet. I know in NM a lot of bulls are still holding as of last weekend not sure about AZ. I'm guessing all this nice weather isn't helping the drop along.

I've seen a buncha Bucks this week. All still have antlers. Might be a little early to find many. Lark

Bro sent me this from NM today. Guess there are a few on the ground.

elk.jpg

Gotta post a better pic of that freak horn!

went out yesterday and we picked up 2 brown singles and a white. One of the browns was little baby5. would be surprised if his bases were bigger than a beer can. Surprised to have found that so early in the season. Also picked up a brown 360 set last weekend. With the mild weather there have been guys in there since Early February cleaning up whites. I know of about 25 other browns that have been scooped up as well. So they are out there. That being said you always see some bulls in May that are still packing. You will find them where you find them when they see fit to drop them! It is what it is and they are where they are. Get out and enjoy some of this unseasonably warm weather!

Bro sent me this from NM today. Guess there are a few on the ground.

elk.jpg

Gotta post a better pic of that freak horn!

Ya it is a weird one...

post-13422-0-55266700-1458335703_thumb.jpg

My dad and I did about 10 miles in 6A today. Found 2 whites and one pretty cool spike elk carcass. Lots of sign but did not see any elk. Camping out and back at it in the morning.

I've been in 6A and B last two weekends and didn't see anything but a lot of sign and a bunch of trucks parked at pretty good shed hunting spots.