Sign in to follow this  
wklman

36b wilderness area

looks like they are trying to make the tumacacori's,atascosa's,and the pajarito's a wilderness area in 36b. that would mean the closure of most all of the forest service roads if it went threw. it would make one heck of a hunting area for the backpack hunter.proposed wilderness area

I actually signed that petition a few years ago when it was passed around the Natural Resource School at the UofA. I don't know how I feel about it now, considering the roads will be closed, and the area has such high smuggling/coyote activity...

If the gov't could assure safety and keep the wilderness pristine (hey - how about some real old school rangers - rough rider style!), I have no problem with it, but I know it won't be that way and it is going to be a wasteland of trashed backpacks, bottles, and clothing; too dangerous for any hunter to want to venture into it alone....

Why would you be for closing areas off, or limiting the accesbility? I dont agree with that. As private ground is moving in on our hunting area as it is, I dont see why any sporsmen would be for ANY time of limiting acces to any area that can be/is hunted. Doesnt make sense to me! especially since I hunt 36b and i hunt one of those areas quite often!

PS, tyson, im not specifically saying "you" directed at you specifically, just in general.

I am for this because it would be a way to have an area with limited entry in a unit that has a road every 1/2 mile in every direction. This is a step in the right direction for 36b. Also BP has choppers that they can get in there easily with and they also have horses I am told.

I am for this because it would be a way to have an area with limited entry in a unit that has a road every 1/2 mile in every direction. This is a step in the right direction for 36b. Also BP has choppers that they can get in there easily with and they also have horses I am told.

Well Boy, wait till your an old fart and you may rethink your position. I have been keep my eye on this for awhile now. Many of the roads are actually cherry stemed into the proposed wilderness which gains the support for people who use vehicles to access some areas. I don't buy this. In 1984, the cherry stem that went into the galiuro wilderness was closed off at powers hill. The wilderness coalition is to keep taking a little bit at a time until they have it all

BP's choppers only hold a few agents at a time.. doesnt do much good. and if there are no roads, or they are all close, then they are not going to be able to get the patty wagons in.

the proposed area will close off ALOT of ground to vechile acces. yes, foot acces would be an option, and yes it probably would make hunting better in there because of low or no pressure but this is the opposite way that i think it needs to go. we are loosing area to hunt do to ranchers closing roads, housing developments. we do not need to loose acess to any areas because of not being able to get into certain areas due to roads closed. i am 100% against this!

No disrepect to the young ones here but this is BULL CRAP.

Sorry to hear some of you bought into this. You guys need to go to Commission meetings and see what the anti's are doing with Arizona. It sounds warm and fuzzy like you will preserve something. Have any of you tryed to access areas in Arizona? You can't take a mountain bike or wheeled game carrier in a wilderness.

Grilhavelina just wants a freeway for his family to cross and do their dealings. Lets see if he can do DNA testing and find them.

I think we should make Walmarts and Costco's a wilderness. If you check all the license plates in the parking lot, you will understand. They take cash right?

Us older guys have to depend on you young ones now to protect the future of hunting in Arizona. What are you going to do about it?

Young guys, the anti's are eating your lunch. Your grandchildren can take a hike in a canyon but will never be able to experience what you have.

THINK ABOUT IT GUYS!!!

Who controls and owns the border patrol choppers? Who tells them where to go? How do you know they will be there next week, next month or next year? I understand many of them have left.

What do you depend on to make decissions for the future? Just because choppers were there one week in 2007 you think it will last forever?

Have you guys read what has happened to the familys that ranched along the border?

You go down 10 or 15 days a year and now you are experts on what you want.

You young guys gonna take your 1 year old and 2 year old and camp out?

Just some things to think about.

Anyone hike the Arizona Trail from the US/MEX border to parker canyon lake through "miller peak wilderness" in the Huachucas? It's pretty much trashed.

It's kinda like that commercial where the native american sheds a tear when he sees all of the trash and garbage lying in the river...

It's mountain goat country 3500 vertical rise- tough to patrol...So we'll see how this all pans out for "wilderness"...

AzP&Y