Sign in to follow this  
azdesert rat

anyone use ovis game bags?

I was looking at these bags but I couldn't find any reviews on them so I'm hoping some of you use/have used these bags, mostly I wanted to know if they breath well enough to be used on those hot early season hunts aka the sunburn specials?

Yea seems like there always on there its the xl elk bags right now I'll probably wait for the L deer bags to come back around, who knows might up my chances of drawing an elk tag

I have a set . They look a lot like caribou bags. They seem very well made. I have not used them yet

you can spend a bunch of money on game bags or just use pillow cases, they keep the meat clean, bugs off and breathe to help cool down, and you can get them cheap at yard sales

big lots pillow cases

james

Seen these on camofire and was wondering how good they are as well.

pillow cases for me too. I even found some blaze orange pillow cases at walmart.

Before I always used the disposable bags but the fly's can still get at the meat threw them (I read some where you can double bag using pantyhose first to eliminate that problem) I just don't imagine pillow cases being real breathable I don't know if the ovis style bags are any better that's why I asked. I only worry about the matireal for the early hunts when its harder to get the meat to cool, when the weather cools down I'm less picky I've even used a shirt a couple times when I found out I didn't bring enough bags

Before I always used the disposable bags but the fly's can still get at the meat threw them (I read some where you can double bag using pantyhose first to eliminate that problem) I just don't imagine pillow cases being real breathable I don't know if the ovis style bags are any better that's why I asked. I only worry about the matireal for the early hunts when its harder to get the meat to cool, when the weather cools down I'm less picky I've even used a shirt a couple times when I found out I didn't bring enough bags

don't buy the high thread count... plenty breathable

they also sell long ones for the long body pillows.

James

• Like 1