Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

redington clean up

We were driving up redington this past weekend like we do most weekends do to some scouting. Every time we drive up that road it sickens me to see all the trash where everyone shoots and all that trash along side the roads. this time we started talking about it and decided we are going to try to help. I have seen other areas fenced off and closed down because of abuse like this and I dont want to see it happen up there. I was hoping to get some other people involved and so far we have about 4 people including us. If I can get a few more people to help with a clean up and agree on a date to do it I will call forest service or game and fish and see if they will provide a roll off dumpster and maybe some trash bags, but if not i will provide the trash bags and atleast one truck and maybe a trailer if I can get my hands on it. If enough people from the site join up maybe we can get the news involved and have a story about the good that hunters do for the land? and if we are really lucky we can get amanda to put up some coueswhitetail.com apperel to wear if the news shows up and give the website some good publicity :P anyways I hope to get a good turn out for this and anyother areas that need this kind of attention.

I'de also like to help as long as the date works.

Are they still putting that developed shooting range up there? I'de like to think that that might help but then again it probably wont.

kast1 maybe if people see it clean it will reduce the amount of trash left up there (note i said Maybe) and if it continues to happen we did our part and tried all I want to do is put in the effort. as far as a date start throwing out suggestions? I was thinking early on a sunday morning?

According to the AZGFD they are meeting with the county to come up with a plan to help aleviate the problem. It makes me sick everytime I go out there as well. Somehow they need to stop people from leaving their trash.....specially all the stuff they shoot up! Strictly enforced fines may do the trick as long as the judges stand behind the officers who give the tickets! We already cleaned out there earlier this year.....but count me in AGAIN!

Coues7

The person to contact at G&F is Matt Walton. He is the access coordinator for the Tucson region and helps organize and conduct several cleanup's a year, He also has tools and access to roll-offs to dispose of the trash in. the Forest service is always happy to have volunteer groups help clean up the trash in the reddington area. I cant remember who the contact would be at the Catalina Ranger district, but give them a call and they will put ypu in contact with someone, unless they are in Montana or Idaho fighting fire. The guys from Sportsmans warehouse showed up with several coolers full of iced down bottloes of water at one we had earlier this year, so be sure to give them an invite, or at least get the information to them and they will get it out to interested people.

We did a clean up out there earlier this year with great help from the AZGFD and the Forest Service as well as other user groups such as the OHV clubs. I am sick and tired of seeing that place go to heck as well as everyone else is. That place looks 3times as bad as it did before we cleaned it up the first time. AZGFD put up signs right after the clean up and they are already shot up. I am gonna call the AZGFD and do all I can to help out with this.

I am reslly pleased with the response I am getting out of this and it sounds like a lot of you guys have cleaned up there before. James are you worried about messing up somesones archery hunt or worried vollanteers might be busy hunting?