Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

redington clean up

Both, I'm not sure but there may be hunters in the area. What area is best to start? Is it just along the road? I might be out with a bow, that's the unit i got drawn for, for oct. rifle, the more scouting the better. Scout/Hunt during the morning for a few hours then help clean up?

I called the AZGFD and asked about the clean up. They said they would help, but contact needed to be cleared through the Forest Service first, because it is a project on the forest. Geez, the steps you gotta go through to help clean up trash these days.

The trash is right on the road, not in any hunting spots now. Target shooters are too lazy to hall targets up a mountain and obviously to lazy to hall the trash out. Its disgusting.I bet those same spots used to be hunting spots.

I have contacted game and fish with some pretty good results. the gentleman i talked to was very nice and sounded like he cared a lot about cleaning up that area. i got some good contacts from him so i will be calling around in the next few days trying to get an even bigger crowd out there and contacting forest service aswell. I am assuming that sept 9 is a good day for most. if so that is the day that i will tell the G&F and forest service we are planning on.

thanks

Daniel

I have contacted game and fish with some pretty good results. the gentleman i talked to was very nice and sounded like he cared a lot about cleaning up that area. i got some good contacts from him so i will be calling around in the next few days trying to get an even bigger crowd out there and contacting forest service aswell. I am assuming that sept 9 is a good day for most. if so that is the day that i will tell the G&F and forest service we are planning on.

thanks

Daniel

Then sept 9th it is. My boys and I will be there along with a couple of friends :P P.S. Hoss this is purty cool of ya... ;)

Just got a call from Josh Taiz of the USFS about this cleanup. He said the 9th is fine, but if you want to get more bang for your buck so to speak that you might want to postpone it until Sept 29. The 29th is National public lands day, and there will be lots of USFS and probably AGFD and hundreds of volunteers looking for a project. He said last year they had 450 people show up for a sabino canyon project and they are looking to assign projects to the volunteers that show up this year. He said this project might be a great one for National Public Lands day.

So, Josh would like to speak with the person organizing this project so he can give you more info. His number is 520-403-8277. Give him a call and see if it's worth moving this to the 29th. You might just get a lot more trash picked up.

Amanda

Ok I now have an official date that both G&F and forest service can make it to sept. 29 (I am sorry if this interferes with your party tony) after talking to Mr. Taiz he said we can probably get quite a few people on that day since it is national public lands day. I appoligize for changing the date on you all and understand if any of you cant make it. Its a lot more work organizing this clean up than the actual clean up itself :lol: :lol: I will be contacting the trash companies trying to get a dumpster donation and stopping by home depot or lowes also trying to get some stuff if possible. Please bring gloves if you have them and any other personal safety equipment you feel you may need. If possible I would like go get an accurate head count of the people that will be there atleast a week or two before the 29th so I have a number to give the agencies I am working with.

thanks again for all the help

Daniel

Ok I now have an official date that both G&F and forest service can make it to sept. 29 (I am sorry if this interferes with your party tony) after talking to Mr. Taiz he said we can probably get quite a few people on that day since it is national public lands day. I appoligize for changing the date on you all and understand if any of you cant make it. Its a lot more work organizing this clean up than the actual clean up itself :lol: :lol: I will be contacting the trash companies trying to get a dumpster donation and stopping by home depot or lowes also trying to get some stuff if possible. Please bring gloves if you have them and any other personal safety equipment you feel you may need. If possible I would like go get an accurate head count of the people that will be there atleast a week or two before the 29th so I have a number to give the agencies I am working with.

thanks again for all the help

Daniel

Daniel I am there, with help. I can bring two full size trucks with two 15 ft trailers. Whatever it takes. P.M. me or everybody whatever it takes.Count me in.

Ok, Here is the deal. How about we do two clean ups. One on the 9th and then one on the 29th. I have spoken to game and fish and the forest service. They are both fine with that. How many people can we get out there on these days to make it worth while?