Sign in to follow this  
Kelco

Lasik Surgery and Kamra Inlay

I had Lasik about 15 years ago. What I find interesting is everyone says "Best money I ever spent" - that's exactly how I feel. I can still remember my mid 20's when reading a road sign was blurry, or trying to put in contacts on a hunt. After Lasik, I had about a 12 hour recovery time and spent the rest of my 20's and 30's with perfect eyesight. They told me when I got to my mid 40's I'd need a touch-up as your eye does change around that time. I'm ready to go do it again.

Of all the senses, sight has to be #1 for me. People spend thousands on stuff that really doesn't matter, but for clear sight, it's truly worth it. Quality of life.

• Like 1

I had mine done 17 years ago - still 20/20 right eye 20/25 left eye and my eyes were REALLY bad. I also agree with the "best money I ever spent" conclusion. Moretsky and Cassidy did mine. A friend just had them do his eyes and he is more than pleased with the results. Use a reputable facility and you won't regret it. Good luck!

The best part of the whole ordeal for me was the Valium and Percocet cocktail they give you before the procedure.

• Like 3

Dang DesertBull, they didn't give me any of that. I came home, took a couple shots of NyQuil and slept until the next morning.

But you ABSOLUTELY need to use the eye drops they give you - for me it was something like a month, several times a day. Not sure if that's still standard procedure.

"Of all the senses, sight has to be #1 for me. People spend thousands on stuff that really doesn't matter, but for clear sight, it's truly worth it. Quality of life."

Coach, truer words were never spoken. I didn't have the lasik surgery that this thread is about, but I did have cataract surgery on both eyes over the past 18 months.

My right eye is now 20/25. I don't know what the left eye is now because it changes monthly. After the surgery I was legally blind in that eye and couldn't see the huge A at the top of the chart.

Because of the cataract, I didn't realize I had macular degeneration in that eye.

After 14 monthly injections into my left eye, I now can read four lines down on the eye chart with that eye. It has excellent peripheral vision, but my central vision is blurry and to see something with that eye I have to look above, below or to the side of it.

Funny thing, despite two vastly different eyes, I cannot tell anything is wrong when I have both eyes open.

Bill Quimby

• Like 1