Hike4coues

RangeFinder Sling/harness Suggestions

Yes, thank you for the reply and photos!!!!! With this setup, are you able to gust drop the rangefinder, clip into the loop and shoot, or do you put the rangefinder back into the case?

You can just drop the rangefinder if needed. It would just hang right below the waist with the length of paracord I have on it. I never have, like Norteno mentioned above ^^^ I do the exact same thing. I tuck in the flap on the RF case and just slide in the RF in after I'm done ranging. Makes it faster/easier without having to deal with snapping flap/cover every time I want to remove or put back the RF. I keep it that way as soon as I hit the hills.

Almost the exact same setup I use with my Badlands bino case and Leaupold range finder. I don't tether the range finder, but tuck the case flap in so I can just slip the range finder in one handed.

I'm religious about ranging before every shot and tucking in my rangefinder prior to clipping to my loop. It is all muscle memory now. I think I'll try tethering see how it works, but I hate anything my release can get caught up on.

Very true Norteno. Only reason I tether mine with paracord is for the fear of losing or dropping my RF. So far its worked out great.

I love the FHF rangefinder pouch. Works great with the bino pack and doesn't slide around. Easy access as well. www.fhfgear.com. Here is a review that I did on the bino harness with pics of the rangefinder pouch. http://dialedinhunter.com/fhf-gear-bino-harness-review/

• Like 2

My binos are 8x44 Minox poro prism. I see that these cases are for roof prism binos. I do like the setup, so wonder if there are some options for Poro Prism Binos? Thanks for the ideas!!!

I use the same AG Creations bino pouch! Can you post a picture of your range finder connection?

Thanks

I use Alaskan Guide Creation as well and it has a pocket in the front that holds my RF with quick access and quiet. I have tried those retracting lanyard systems...not quiet enough for me and sometimes inconvenient. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Good thread.. I bought that Nikon range finder retractable lanyard from Cabela's.. Verdict: Not really feeling it.

Nikon-Releases-Gift-Suggestions.jpg

I tried this too. I found it a little too noisy for archery.

• Like 1

Good thread.. I bought that Nikon range finder retractable lanyard from Cabela's.. Verdict: Not really feeling it.

Nikon-Releases-Gift-Suggestions.jpg

I tried this too. I found it a little too noisy for archery.

Same here and mine broke second time i used it.

• Like 1

KUIU Bino Harness and Horn Hunter Rangefinder Holder.

I hope this helps.

post-3394-0-94575700-1462743954_thumb.jpg

post-3394-0-94575700-1462743954_thumb.jpg

post-3394-0-77787600-1462743808_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Range snap is pretty awesome in it's simplicity. Combined with a badlands bino case all your optics and your rangefinder are right where you need them. My only complaint is the rangefinder sits outside the pouch and gets dust on the lens.

• Like 1

Anyone that is using the Alaskan guide bino harness have any input on how it works when having your pack on at the same time with two shoulder straps. I would like to order one but not sure how the feeling will be to have to shoulder straps on at once. I just use the Swarovski straps now and they are small enough straps to not notice the difference. Thanks

• Like 1

Anyone that is using the Alaskan guide bino harness have any input on how it works when having your pack on at the same time with two shoulder straps. I would like to order one but not sure how the feeling will be to have to shoulder straps on at once. I just use the Swarovski straps now and they are small enough straps to not notice the difference. Thanks

I use The alaskan guide creations KISS model bino harness with my pack all the time. I like the straps on the AGC harness. They are well made but thin enough to where it doesn't bother me when wearing my pack for a long period of time. I've worn it with both Badlands and Kuiu packs and both have felt comfortable.

• Like 1