Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

Pertinent Trivia Question #II

Here's another one that relates to recent discussions here. Again -- no cheating and that means no googling either! -TONY

Who Wrote:

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted...If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job.

Fred Bear, or maybe Ernest Hemmingway

I now know, but will wait. Never would have got it. I have read plenty of books through the years too.

No I answered first and checked when you said I was wrong. I will not answer again, I meant I would wait for someone to get it right.

No I answered first and checked when you said I was wrong. I will not answer again, I meant I would wait for someone to get it right.

Right. That's what I meant. Otherwise you would have had it right on the first try. ;) -TONY

Tony have you read anything by Craig Childs, interesting reading when you consider what we think is a drought. I can't quite believe everything I read in his book though some is true, but I can see where others could, especially who have never set foot in the desert and then believe we should never mess with water and habitat because we are making it worse on the wildlife. I would love to hear your thoughts if you have read it.

PM it to him Keith ;)

No I got it, I did cheat after I answered. Google is an amazing tool, and no the answer isn't the guy on the blacktail website

Jack O'Connor... who may have borrowed it from Google. :blink:

It was a famous European hunter and writer, from either Spain or Portugal I think. I forgot his name.