Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Drones

On one hand, even if not used for any scouting activity, these seem like they would be a lot of fun for videoing nature, canoe trips, cool shots of a scout troop on a backpacker, etc.

On the other hand, it would really suck to be videoing you and your boys on the trail and wind up in court because fall archery bear was still open and now you're a criminal.

Sigh.

Last year, a drone was used by a local citizen to get some aerial footage of a wildfire in the PNW. That one drone shut down (grounded) all aircraft on the fire until it could be removed. The fire happened to grow immensely that day and there was at least one fatality I can remember on that fire and a couple of serious burnovers. As far as I remember, there was no direct link to the drone and the fatality and other injuries (therefore, no charges filed), but everyone around there knew it was more than a coincidence.

Just be smart about what you do and how you use it.

• Like 1

I agree IB, They are here to stay. Autonumous Cars and now one of the biggest OTR companies is testing that technology for Semi's. They will be an every day occurrance by 2025.

Shooting one down is already illegal, although where you are, i.e. personal property, is a gray area.