Allforelk

Couldn't believe it

Had to make an emergency run up to Cottonwood. Mother in law was sitting in a 90 degree house and she is 72. Got her up and running and on the drive home the wife and I saw a cow elk and 2 calfs. They were feeding on the East side of I-17, South of Cienega Creek. Pulled over and ran back to verify with the glove box 8x32.

• Like 3

Wildwoody did they just follow the verde south? I'm assuming just a random sighting or two in winter??

Had to make an emergency run up to Cottonwood. Mother in law was sitting in a 90 degree house and she is 72. Got her up and running and on the drive home the wife and I saw a cow elk and 2 calfs. They were feeding on the East side of I-17, South of Cienega Creek. Pulled over and ran back to verify with the glove box 8x32.

Isn't that the otc unit? Let the lead fly!

No they have been down that way for several years. Lots of water back in there.

• Like 1

Not surprised at all. over the years i have stumbled across several elk in 22 just behind Bartlett lake. heck I even saw a bull one time south of lake Pleasant.

• Like 3

I love these threads about random elk sightings. Friend of ours has found elk sheds on top of new river Mesa as well

• Like 1

Not surprised at all. over the years i have stumbled across several elk in 22 just behind Bartlett lake. heck I even saw a bull one time south of lake Pleasant.

If your being serious, that's pretty amazing!! Care to share the story?

• Like 1

If your being serious, that's pretty amazing!! Care to share the story?

I have hunted unit 22 since i was 10-12 years old (roughly 17 years) My father and I have seen elk on more than one outing behind bartlett lake over the years. first set of elk (cow and calf) we saw right on the river end of the lake just to the east of the river in steep canyon. The second elk we saw out there was a small 4x5 bull and he was in the hills just north of sunflower mine road. And last year I actually saw a dead cow elk on the 24b side of the road going to rooseveltt lake. There are a lot of no mad elk that roam low. I have seen an entire herd right outside of globe in 24a as well. Just depends on how long they put their heads down and travle for. My buddy watched a cow and calf water at alamo lake a few weeks ago. In My experience elk pretty much make their own rules when it comes to where you will find them.