Red Rabbit

Survey: Hunting Archery and Rifle Seasons

HUnting Archery and Rifle Seasons  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hunt deer in AZ with

• firearms only
    • bow only
    • both firearms and bow
  2. 2. If you hunt with a bow during the year, do you apply for a rile deer permit that same year?

• yes
    • no
    • sometimes
    • n/a, I only hunt with firearms
  3. 3. If you receive a rifle deer permit, do you

• hunt only the rifle season
    • hunt the Aug-Sept archery season and then the rifle season
    • hunt the Dec archery season if unsuccessful in the rifle season
    • n/a I only bowhunt
  4. 4. If you archery deer hunt, do you also apply for a rifle deer tag so you may hunt that season with a bow?

• yes
    • no, I do not apply for rifle permits
    • no, I would hunt with a rifle if drawn
    • n/a, I do not bowhunt
  5. 5. If you archery deer hunt in Jan and are unsuccessful, do you

• only hunt the Aug-Sept and/or the Dec archery deer seasons
    • apply for a rifle der permit and then only hunt the rifle season if drawn
    • hunt both the fall archery deer and rifle deer seasons until successful
    • n/a, I do not bowhunt
  6. 6. If you are unsuccessful in the rifle deer season, do you hunt the Dec archery season?

• yes
    • no
    • sometimes
    • n/a
  7. 7. If AZGFD eliminated OTC archery deer permits and went to a draw system, would you

• apply for archery deer permits only
    • apply for rifle deer permits only
    • apply for rifle deer first choice and then for archery deer permits
    • apply for archery deer first choice, and then for rifle deer
  8. 8. Do you support limiting archer deer harvest to 20% ?

• yes, by permitting those units with a high success and having OTC in the rest
    • yes, by permitting all archery deeer units
    • yes, by having a harvest quota in each unit, similar to bear
    • no, keep all units OTC as in previous years
  9. 9. Do you feel archery deer hunters should also be able to apply for and hunt the rifle seasons?

• yes
    • no
  10. 10. Do you feel rifle deer hunters should be able to also hunt the archery deer seasons?

• yes
    • no

This is just a random thought and Tony, you probably are the best one to direct it to since it baffles me everytime I think about it and you seem to have done significant research on the affects of drought on wildlife but everyone else can check it out too:

Dave

uh-uh. I vowed to stay out of these go-nowhere food fights from now on. You ain't suckering me into this again. :lol:

Here's a good read that might address some of your questions.

Mule Deer Working Group

Be sure to use the links at the left side of the page, especially the ones about predators and precipitation. -TONY

Hey Tony, seriously I wasn't trying to sucker you into any battle royale- I respect the insight you provide, especially on debatable issues that come up and was only curious what your thoughts were on this particular study as it seems to contradict the standard company line I've come accustomed to hearing.

Great informative site by the way- Thanks.......

Stay loose,

Dave

This is just a random thought and Tony, you probably are the best one to direct it to since it baffles me everytime I think about it and you seem to have done significant research on the affects of drought on wildlife but everyone else can check it out too:

Dave

uh-uh. I vowed to stay out of these go-nowhere food fights from now on. You ain't suckering me into this again. :lol: Here's a good read that might address some of your questions.

Mule Deer Working Group

Be sure to use the links at the left side of the page, especially the ones about predators and precipitation. -TONY

Bah HaHaHaHa!! I think I am gonna sit out, too, Tony..... My eyes gave out... this thread is now a novel!!! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gosh!

I think . . scratch that I KNOW that looking forward to getting to HUNT archery Deer every year is the only thing that keeps me SANE!

If it went to a draw, I might not get ANY TAGS ALL DANG YEAR! and frankly that would make me suicidal . . or even homicidal. . . take your pick.

Oh the agony of looking online and seeing that I wasn't drawn for ANYTHING! . . way too much for my little selfish brain to handle!

Thanks God for OTC Archery Deer tags!

Can I get an A-MEN ???

Gosh!

I think . . scratch that I KNOW that looking forward to getting to HUNT archery Deer every year is the only thing that keeps me SANE!

If it went to a draw, I might not get ANY TAGS ALL DANG YEAR! and frankly that would make me suicidal . . or even homicidal. . . take your pick.

Oh the agony of looking online and seeing that I wasn't drawn for ANYTHING! . . way too much for my little selfish brain to handle!

Thanks God for OTC Archery Deer tags!

Can I get an A-MEN ???

Ooooops! I gotta do it...... :unsure: :rolleyes:

A-MEN

Sorry..... I'm back on the bleachers now..... :rolleyes:

Sorry..... I'm back on the bleachers now..... :rolleyes:

Gino,

I guess because I'm much older, I have better self-control. :rolleyes:

Dave,

Appreciate the comment. This isn't aimed at you, but I'm gonna pass this time so my frustration level remains manageable because it gets somewhat tiresome going in circles. Regardless of anything said, it seems to always end up with "it's all about money" and "it's all the result of mismanagement" comments. I'm sure if the biologists and WMs could get out there and impregnate a few does so there are more targets come hunting season, they would. But you know, holding a deer still ... never mind. :huh: -TONY

I thought about inventing rump targets for doe's, instead of darting them and taking vitals we can dart them and paint targets on their rumps. Give these poor misguided bucks something to aim at.

Yeah this thread has officially reached "dead horse status". I think we should all make the best of this year and just be happy with what we've got. Next year, 12A archery tag 3rd choice.

Donnie