Kilimanjaro

An amazing couple of weeks!!

thanks alot guys!! I really appreciate the kind words..

Tony,

fortunately, I was allowed to hunt the ranch for free .. The owner's son has been one of my real good buddies for years..

Scott,

Well, that begs the question: IF one wasn't a buddy of the owner's son and the owner sells exotic hunts, about how much would one have to pay to kill an axis deer on the owner's ranch? -TONY

Major Congrats are in order. Looking forward to seeing some pics of the family on one of yer many adventures. Did I understand you went to Texas to have the baby? That's hardcore :lol: , but I understand.

Jim,

he is a very typical shaped axis deer.. 3 per side.. I've seen a non typical or two over the years with more than 3 points on a side, or maybe a dropper coming off near the burr.. But for the most part, that's how they look!

Tony,

These guys aren't outfitters nor even in the hunting business at all .. I would have to see if they would sell a hunt or two.. they deal in ranch real estate.. I could ask for you though!

Crotalus,

of course we went back to TX to have out baby!! Now, for as long as she lives on this earth, she can ALWAYS say she is a native born TEXAN!! We wouldn't have it any other way!!

Seriously, we didn't want to have her out here cuz we have no one out here besides a few friends and each other.. We have zero family out here in AZ.. The only thing we have here in Az is my work.. My wife wanted to be surrounded by all the family and long time friends back home.. Sydney was born the first grandchild on either side, SO, there was plenty of family and freinds there to share her with!!

:lol: Ha, I knew it, Texas is the place! I have family in Texas and they are have the same "esprit de corps". Having family around esp with a first born grandchild is a double blessing. Glad to hear all went well. Oh, I forgot to give my congrats to your wife also, sheeeze how could I forget, she did all the hard work. Again, thanx for the posting and many blessings to you and yer family.

Congrats. Your biggest adventure just began & we look forward to seeing pics of the newest member.

Tony,

These guys aren't outfitters nor even in the hunting business at all .. I would have to see if they would sell a hunt or two.. they deal in ranch real estate.. I could ask for you though!

Oh, Ok. I thought it was a regular exotic hunt operation. But sure, go ahead and ask anyway, provided it isn't a shooting-fish-in-the-barrel scenario. I have no real desire to kill an axis in a 100x100-yard pen while it's nibblin' corn from a solar feeder or lickin' on a salt block. ;)

You can send me a PM here. -TONY

I'll ask for ya Tony.. The place where I shot this buck is 3,500 acres and is completely low fenced... the axis were on there LONG before they bought the land!! They can come and go as they please, but you can usually find them if ya look for awhile.

I'll ask for ya Tony.. The place where I shot this buck is 3,500 acres and is completely low fenced... the axis were on there LONG before they bought the land!! They can come and go as they please, but you can usually find them if ya look for awhile.

Aaah, that sounds good. I need someplace to let the air out of a critter this fall since I got shut out on AZ permits. -TONY

Hey Scottyboy

Congratulations on all counts.

I've been working a lot lately so have not taken time to read the board in 5 days. (a new record for me)

Just rememeber, Hunt memories will last a lifetime but family memories will be made over a lifetime.

Scottyboy, a huge congratulations to you and your wife on your new baby girl. My little baby girl is almost 3 yrs old now. Time flies by so fast. You're gonna have a blast, enjoy every minute of it.

Congratulations on your new family,

My only advice is that you better hunt all you can while you've only got one child. It's amazing how when the kids outnumber mama, she doesn't like those 10 day birdhunting trips to Canada anymore. Fortunately for you, you'll have it all in your new backyard.

Once again congrats on your little girl. Our two girls are alot of fun. While I'm not looking forward to the teenage years, I"m trying to raise them up right. My four year old is all excited to go out for her second year of dove hunting, and the one year old is driving Mama crazy blowing the duck and goose calls.

Best of luck to you and you're wife.

Schmitty

Schmitty, thanks for all the kind words! I really appreciate them! I can't wait to raise her in MT while she's young.. Its the perfect place to do so.