Sign in to follow this  
Anaconda

Utah, Fish lake & Strawberry

Since I’m down to one long shot in the hunt draws, I’m starting to plan a fall fishing trip.

Thinking about heading to Fish lake for a few days in October, then up to Strawberry reservoir.

I will take a small (12 ft) Alum boat, and mostly troll.

Any thoughts or advice ?

Are there better places in the South West to catch some decent trout with a boat that small ?

Strawberry res is a sweet lake. A lot of big fish swimming along the shoreline. Wish I had a boat when I was there.

+1 on Strawberry being a sweet lake! Also some nice creek fishing in that area, if you time the season right. I also like Paguitch lake. Some nice fish in there, and great muley country too! ;)

Good luck and have fun!! LOVE Utah!

S.

:)

Strawberry is an awesome reservoir to fish. There are some huge fish in there. I have fished it many times and have spent weeks up there fishing. I would go to Renegade and troll around in the coves. There are some big cutthroats in that lake but you can't keep them. PM if you want some other areas to check out.

If u r going to be around the fish lake area u should also check into Panguitch lake and Otter Creek reservoir

Looks like Strawberry it is.

i booked a room at the Strawberry Bay Lodge end of Septmember.

Plan on trolling Rapalas, maybe some lake troll blades.

My cousin shared a picture of a big rainbow caught there it was on the Utah fish and wildlife website